Confirmation link for free subscribers not working

12 years 9 months ago #171741 by tjrocky
Hello,

We are using Joomla 1.5 with
CB 1.4
CBSubs 1.2.2

Our members have to register and pay in order to access my site. After they pay online, they have to confirm the link sent to them in order to access the site. All of that works very nicely. We also allow certain members to register and access for free. So they go through the regular registration page from CB. In the backend, their information is stored properly. And in the subscription section of their profile, we enable the pay button for the plan that they initially chose. They then receive a link such as

/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&confirmcode=reg768efb43f81c72e99dca0afb15bb187909b7af41&Itemid=50

This link doesn't work. The browser says it has too many redirects (even after the cookies are cleared...). However, When they try to log in even if they haven't confirmed anything, another email with this link is sent to them and this one works!

/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&confirmcode=reg768efb43f81c72e99dca0afb15bb187909b7af41&Itemid=67

The only difference between the two links is the Itemid (50 versus 67) at the end of the confirmation url. How do I get the system to send the right link in the first place as soon as we enable those members in the backend?

We would greatly appreciate your help with this issue.

Thank you for your great work!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #172349 by tjrocky
Could we please get some help with this? We would greatly appreciate any insights with this issue.

Thank you.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #172358 by tjrocky
Or another (simpler) alternative to solving this issue - how do we configure cb to only allow paid members (from cbsubs) to login onto the site? In other words, we'd like to have users to register and pay before they can log in and access the entire site - without admin approval. Users who have registered but haven't paid their membership fees will have their login denied. If we could get this to work, we wouldn't need an activation link to be sent out.

Thank you for your consideration.

12 years 9 months ago #172670 by beat
I have the feeling that you have protected the joomla menu with id 50 in a plan, and that menu id 50 is the CB Profile menu item.

That would generate multiple redirects.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: tjrocky

12 years 9 months ago #172847 by tjrocky
Thanks a lot beat, that's exactly what the problem was and it is now fixed.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn