Virtuemart with Subs?

15 years 1 week ago #95458 by palikari
Virtuemart with Subs? was created by palikari
Using Virtuemart to sell a number of products. Each product has a few customer support options available (telephone, chat, forum, etc). Would like to move these to Community Builder subs.

Any suggestions as to the best way to handle this? Virtuemart is currently creating an account under Joomla when an order is created and paid for. I know we could create service plans that would appear as options under the profile once they login. We want there to be a subscribed user instead of a regular Joomla user after a Virtuemart purchase.

Is there a specific plugin that would allow Virtuemart to create a true CBSubs user? We can write one if there isn't but would prefer not to reinvent the wheel if there is something out there (commercial is OK).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #95461 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Virtuemart with Subs?
Have you checked out the description of the Virtuemart Integration Plugin ?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 1 week ago #95479 by palikari
Replied by palikari on topic Re:Virtuemart with Subs?
I did but in this case the user account is created once the customer purchases a product through Virtuemart.

The plugin appears to work this way:

Community Builder -> Virtuemart

I am looking for

Virtuemart -> Community Builder (Subs)

I would like to create a subscription for the user once they complete the checkout process through Virtuemart. I have thought about creating a component that would be the initial page they see when they login after the purchase. It could then update the CB user table with the subscription data.

15 years 1 week ago #95483 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Virtuemart with Subs?
That way is not yet provided. It's an interesting feature request though.

In the mean time, you can try to create an entry in jos_cbsubs_subscriptions on your own, but that will not trigger integration events, and of course could break other things. If you experience issues after that first try to remove those entries, and in all cases mention it in posts for issues.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 week ago #95500 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Re:Virtuemart with Subs?
Hi Pailikari,

I have a similar need for one of my clients. The main site will allow subscriptions but it also has Virtuemart. Subscribers will get their product as per plan but users who buy products not included in a plan should be added to CB and placed on lowest plan.

This will give an upgrade path and a mailing opportunity to people who only buy products rather than the journal and updates.

We would rather not force people into a plan just to be able to buy low cost products.

Add to that a tab in their CB profile to show purchases and we are almost there :P

Cheers

Post edited by: 3cellhosting, at: 2009/04/18 17:30

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

15 years 1 week ago #95509 by guidoterhorst
Replied by guidoterhorst on topic Re:Virtuemart with Subs?
Actually I was expecting the VM plugin to be able to assign to shopper groups, instead of user groups.
The use of intergation with shoppergroups makes much more sence, since the number of times you need anyone having other rights than shopper is to be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Thanx for any upgrades, hacks, additions. For me it´s crucial. Now using AEC with JUGA, and with CBS I can get rid of both of them.

(Already payed you guys anyway, so if I toss it away, it will be the last payment as well:( :))

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds