A misconfiguration on the server caused a hiccup

15 years 1 week ago #96844 by wendyj
Hi,
We just purchased cbsubs this morning (with maintenance). I'd love to give it a rave review but I cannot get it to work. I've trolled the cbsubs forum but haven't seen a solution that works. Unfortunately 'changing my hosting company' is not a solution.

I followed the installation instructions to the letter But I cannot get to the Cb Paid Subscriptions -> settings page. I get this instead:
a 500 Server Error
A misconfiguration on the server caused a hiccup. Check the server logs, fix the problem, then try again

I checked the logs and there is nothing for today.

Ioncube is installed. curl installed. File permissions are correct.

Here is my environment (on bluehost):
joomla 1.5.10
PHP: 5.2.9
Apache: 2.2.11
mysql:5.0.75

I think it's on a shared server but that shouldn't matter if I've got control of the php.ini (which I do) and .htaccess to boot. This installation is in a dev folder inside the site root, using the php.ini in the root. .htaccess handlers have been removed in the dev folder, just in case.

Can anyone help me out here? Also, we purchased maintenance, but I am not sure what that entails. Is that just upgrades or can I get some one on one to get this resolved before the trial period has expired?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #96846 by wendyj
update: it appears that the dev folder is using the php.ini in the root so the ioncube path may wrong relative to the installation (in dev). There is a php.ini in the dev folder but it is apparently not being used.

Does anyone know how I can get it to use the php.ini in the dev folder instead of the one in the root? (...if that is in fact the problem.)

15 years 1 week ago #96852 by beat
get the files corresponding to your server OS from www.ioncube.com/loaders.php . Then unzip and in there there is a README and test-files, that will test ioncube show you the errors if it's an ioncube config error.

But there is a good chance for something else being wrong:

So, before that, try enabling joomla site debug and check if an error is displayed. If you have access to server logs, please check them too. Otherwise ask your hoster for the hidden error behind the error 500.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 week ago #96892 by wendyj
Thanks so much for your reply.

I just tried everything on your list and still no luck. I have put a ticket in with the hosting company and am waiting for a reply.

In the meantime, I installed cbsubs on the live site, which is in the root so the environment is identical. I can get to the cbsubs settings on that site. Yay for that, but I really need to have it installed and operational on the dev site.

I think there is a path issue somewhere but I don't know where to begin looking.

15 years 1 week ago #96932 by beat
That's definitely an area for your hoster to help you... :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn