CB Sub External MySQL Authentication

15 years 1 week ago #97028 by cubefree
CB Sub External MySQL Authentication was created by cubefree
This post answers half of my question, which is
How can I set authentication to a particular group in CB_Subscription?

How to use an existing MSSQL user table?
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,70/id,86138/#86138

And this gem... :silly:
Tutorial:Creating an Authentication Plugin for Joomla 1.5
docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Creating_an_Authentication_Plugin_for_Joomla_1.5

E.g. Let's say we have a list of bosses (in an external database ) who are allowed to view applicant's profiles. But the list of bosses is 20,000+ -- more than we want OR need to import into joomla.

AND we want ONLY bosses to view the subscriber profiles. Can I set a session variable in CB_Sub for the bosses group? How would I go about finding that?

Additionally I am assuming (you know what you get when you assume tho? you make an ass out of my Japanese intern, Ume -- but I digress :laugh: ) CB Sub can limit subscriber viewing to a particular group.

Thx!

Post edited by: cubefree, at: 2009/04/29 07:14

Post edited by: cubefree, at: 2009/04/29 07:15

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 days ago #97416 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB Sub External MySQL Authentication
cubefree wrote:

This post answers half of my question, which is
How can I set authentication to a particular group in CB_Subscription?

How to use an existing MSSQL user table?
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,70/id,86138/#86138

And this gem... :silly:
Tutorial:Creating an Authentication Plugin for Joomla 1.5
docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Creating_an_Authentication_Plugin_for_Joomla_1.5

E.g. Let's say we have a list of bosses (in an external database ) who are allowed to view applicant's profiles. But the list of bosses is 20,000+ -- more than we want OR need to import into joomla.

AND we want ONLY bosses to view the subscriber profiles. Can I set a session variable in CB_Sub for the bosses group? How would I go about finding that?

Additionally I am assuming (you know what you get when you assume tho? you make an ass out of my Japanese intern, Ume -- but I digress :laugh: ) CB Sub can limit subscriber viewing to a particular group.

Thx!

Post edited by: cubefree, at: 2009/04/29 07:14

Post edited by: cubefree, at: 2009/04/29 07:15

Not sure what's left as question here :D

With CBSubs you can control access to tabs and fields views, edit and search depending on plan.

However, there is no auto-subscription to a particular plan on users-synchronization.

Maybe a modified version of the CB Privacy plugin would do the trick for your problem ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 days ago #97617 by cubefree
Replied by cubefree on topic Re:CB Sub External MySQL Authentication
You're right I could phrase my question better.

So, some background info... I have dB with 20,000 in it that I don't want to import into Joomla, BUT I want these folks to login and have the privileges of a subscription group, like view profiles, search, etc.

How can I authenticate against an external dB (mySQL) AND give this users special subscription OR joomla group privileges?

The posts I mentioned address joomla groups, BUT not CB_Sub session variables required to be logged-in has a special subscriber group, like level gold, for example.

Clearer? thx!

15 years 2 days ago #97719 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB Sub External MySQL Authentication
Yes a little clearer. Thanks.

CBSubs requires that people who pay and get subscriptions are joomla and CB users.

So you either have to import them, or to use an authentication plugin for Joomla or for CB to auto-import them at their first login.

That works.

Try the gmail authentication plugin of core Joomla 1.5. Works like a charm, no registration required. But then after login the plans needed (if needed) will be presented to user for choice and payment :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn