CBSubs not connected to server?

11 years 2 weeks ago #224444 by susommer
CBSubs not connected to server? was created by susommer
Hi,
I'm working with Joomla 2.5.9, PHP 5.3.21, CB 1.9, CBSubs GPL 3.0.

I'm setting up CBSubs at the moment. Installation seemed to work fine, no problems reported.
But when I click on "Paid Subscriptions" tab, where it should state the latest software version it states that there is no connection to the server ("Verbindung zum Update Server fehlgeschlagen: Error: 0").
When clicking on Settings it takes a long time to load and then there are errror messages (see attachment). And when I then click on Integrations there's a message that says "The needed mambot/plugin 'cbpaidsubsbot' is not installed", even though it is installed and activated.

Please help me find out what the problem is. Did I not install something?
I'm at a loss.

Thanks, Susanne

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 weeks ago #224447 by susommer
Replied by susommer on topic CBSubs not connected to server?
oh, and also,
on the Settings icon > Display tab >Invoices sub-tab
where it says "CB fields for first invoicing address of customer" I can't choose CB fields. There's only empty drop-down boxes.

But there is a connection to the CB field in other places (e.g. Plans icon > Workflows tab > Registration CB workflows).

11 years 2 weeks ago #224478 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CBSubs not connected to server?
At very first glance, this looks like a database problem of your host that you should solve with your hoster.

CBSubs GPL 3.0 uses the standard Joomla database connection.

The error above is definitely a hoster issue.

The second one could be a consequence of the hoster issue. CB -> Tools -> check databases could help diagnose the 2nd issue, but as long as first one is not solved, it means your host mysql server is not configured correctly.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

11 years 2 weeks ago #224520 by susommer
Thanks,
I'll try to contact my provider (unfortunately, they're not the most helpful bunch...)

11 years 2 weeks ago #224527 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CBSubs not connected to server?

susommer wrote: Thanks,
I'll try to contact my provider (unfortunately, they're not the most helpful bunch...)

If your hoster isn't helpful, then chances are that he is not helpful on his infrastructure, and you should change before you get more serious issues with them.

It's pretty easy to change hoster nowadays, backup your site with AkeebaBackup, and restore it with same tool on new hoster, change DNS server entries at the registrar, wait for propagation, done.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

11 years 2 weeks ago #224532 by susommer
Hi,
that's not up to me, unfortunately. I only work with what I've got. ;)
So...
they haven't been helpful yet, so I thought maybe you could take a look at this error message again. I set the reporting to maximum. It doesn't tell me a thing, unfortunately, only that there's a problem.

Thanks!!

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn