CBSubs not connected to server?

11 years 2 weeks ago #224565 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CBSubs not connected to server?
Very first message states:

MYSQL server has gone away...

Your host has a problem with MYSQL service they are offering you.

They must address this and fix it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 weeks ago #224726 by susommer
Replied by susommer on topic CBSubs not connected to server?
the hoster says there's nothing wrong...
Is it possible that something went wrong during installation that could cause this?

Can I try to install again, over the previous installation (like a manual update)?
Would this work at all AND would all the settings and plans and whatnot still be intact?

Thanks,
Susanne

11 years 2 weeks ago #224740 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CBSubs not connected to server?

susommer wrote: the hoster says there's nothing wrong...
Is it possible that something went wrong during installation that could cause this?

Can I try to install again, over the previous installation (like a manual update)?
Would this work at all AND would all the settings and plans and whatnot still be intact?

Thanks,
Susanne

If MySQL *goes away*, there *is* something wrong. If your hoster says that nothing is wrong, then maybe it's your hoster... ;)

You can do an install over of CB and CBSubs, that's not an issue and will keep your settings. Backup first as usual, as your host is not reliable, and results can this not be deterministic....

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: susommer

11 years 2 weeks ago #224787 by susommer
Replied by susommer on topic CBSubs not connected to server?
So, I issued a support ticket and the answer was: it's not the MYSQL, but an open source software problem, which they are happy to look at, for 25 euros for every 15 minutes.
(and yes, it definitely is my hosted ;))

Installing again didn't help, either.

Maybe you could help me with with these two notices (see attachment), which are among all the warnings, and seem to have something to do with invoice numbering. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks a lot!!
Susanne
Attachments:

11 years 2 weeks ago #224793 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CBSubs not connected to server?
The issue is that your MySQL SERVER is not reliable, also visible in those warnings. Nothing to do with our numbering.

Nothing to do with our scripts but an issue with your server (and your *hoster* if he says it's not his server).

If the hoster does not understand error "Mysql server has gone away", then do not loose more money with him and change hoster.

We are not going to accept money or spend free time, as we are not able to help you for issues that only your hoster can fix (or more precisely only you by changing hoster to a more professional one).

There are many reputable Joomla hosters (hint: do not look for budget hosting): Rochen, Cloudaccess and we do offer secured high-availability business hosting too ("Hosting" menu at top).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: susommer

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn