migration to CB questions ..

10 years 6 months ago #234753 by robinduckett
migration to CB questions .. was created by robinduckett
Hello,

We currently use OSEMembership on our J1.5 site but it is getting a bit cranky and anyway we want to be able to offer better connectivity to subscribed (paid) mambers after November, so we are looking at implementing CB instead. I'm seeing that it will do our current requirements - access to locked pages (I think we need CB Subs for that) and take payments.
  • Can you tell me how we would create address/postcode fields for users - and then link that postcode field to a geomap with selected user info?
  • Do you know how we'd migrate info from OSE?
  • We use Acymailing - I'm presuming there's a CB bridge between it and the various ACylists?

Thanks, Robin
www.sightlines-initiative.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #234909 by nant
Replied by nant on topic migration to CB questions ..

robinduckett wrote: Hello,

We currently use OSEMembership on our J1.5 site but it is getting a bit cranky and anyway we want to be able to offer better connectivity to subscribed (paid) mambers after November, so we are looking at implementing CB instead. I'm seeing that it will do our current requirements - access to locked pages (I think we need CB Subs for that) and take payments.

• Can you tell me how we would create address/postcode fields for users - and then link that postcode field to a geomap with selected user info?
  • Do you know how we'd migrate info from OSE?
  • We use Acymailing - I'm presuming there's a CB bridge between it and the various ACylists?

Thanks, Robin
www.sightlines-initiative.com

Hi and thanks for posting.

We have no built-in geomaping functionality. I have seem something on the JED (that also supports CB) - please search there.

If your users are already in Joomla, then when you install CB they will automatically be picked up also.

You would then need to install CBSubs to handle paid membership subscriptions and use the built-in CBSubs Import feature to initialize existing website users to their current membership subscription.

AcyMailing has very good CB integration and CBSubs also has a built-in Acymailing integration plugin.

10 years 6 months ago #234958 by robinduckett
Replied by robinduckett on topic migration to CB questions ..
Thanks Nick,
We've drawn an idea of how we think it would work - could you tell us if we're on the right lines and answer the questions on the sketch?!
Then we'll get on with things..
All the best, Robin
Attachments:

10 years 6 months ago #235021 by nant
Took a quick look - please note I cannot comment on extensions I do not know.

1. Joomla 1.5 is really end of life - you need to move over to at least joomla 2.5 or if possible to joomla 3.x.

2. CBSubs GPL works fine and you should be able to restrict any Joomla content using it.

3. Kunena works just fine with CB and GroupJive. Not sure if they still have a Joomla 1.5 version.

4. No experience with the other items on your image - sorry.

10 years 6 months ago #235086 by robinduckett
Replied by robinduckett on topic migration to CB questions ..
Thank you!

We'll go ahead with getting CB Subs. Are there any other CB extras that you think we will need?
Robin

We'll carry on with J1.5 for now, till J3 becomes 'mature', as changing the website from 1.5 to 3 looks to be a major headache.

Cheers, Robin

10 years 6 months ago #235136 by nant

robinduckett wrote: Thank you!

We'll go ahead with getting CB Subs. Are there any other CB extras that you think we will need?
Robin

We'll carry on with J1.5 for now, till J3 becomes 'mature', as changing the website from 1.5 to 3 looks to be a major headache.

Cheers, Robin

Well, CB 1.9 and CBSubs GPL 3.0 are compatible with Joomla 1.5 and 2.5 and 3.X.

However soon many extensions will be dropping Joomla 1.5 support.
You need to factor this in.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn