[SOLVED] users deleted when saving profile in backend

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #238197 by ThePiston
Something really strange happened today. I went to give 2 users Admin privileges. I opened their profiles, held down control and made them Admin (not super) as well as Registered. I then saved. Suddenly those users were no longer in CB users or Joomla users. I then went to Tools and synchronized users. Boom - now they are completely gone from the database too!

What's going on here? This is CB 1.9.0 btw with Joomla 2.5.16

**edit** I ran "Check User Database" and ran a fix. Then I installed CB 1.9.1. I opened up a profile and saved it without changing anything. Worked fine. I then went in and made a random ex-user Admin/Registered and when I saved he was deleted from Joomla users. I can find him in #_comprofiler database table though, just not in the backend.

**edit2** Since I deleted one of the users who used to provide content for the site (the before-mentioned random user), I started getting this error: JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 62. I have that user still in the comprofiler table, so I manually added him back into the Joomla users table. When I refresh the front page, that error persists and the user is deleted again from the users table. Hoping that helps figure this out. Can't have the website deleting profiles when I refresh a page!

**edit3** I found that the database was not updated so I updated the DB in Extension Manager" and it now shows no updates needed. Problem still persists.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238346 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic users deleted when saving profile in backend
no ideas what this could be?

10 years 4 months ago #238350 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic users deleted when saving profile in backend
ok, found the issue. in RS Firewall I had set "Disable the creation of new Administrators" which has the insane effect of deleting a user that you set to any type of admin (even Manager). So stupid. I turned that setting off and will be letting RS people know about that ridiculous setting's effect.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn