Error

Please login first

After moving to new host, problems with admin save button and registration

8 years 6 months ago #273212 by OldLodgeSkins
Hi,

I've just moved one of my websites to a new host, and although I thought everything was running fine, I have a couple of CB-related problems. I've tried a series of advices from other threads for the first one, which didn't fix it.

Joomla 3.4.5
CB 2.0.12
CB Subs 4.0.1
I'm not using CB Conditionals

1. The save button doesn't work in the admin area - on user profiles only, I can save articles or CB Subs plans. I get one JS error and one warning when trying to save the user's data :
SyntaxError: nothing to repeat
Empty string passed to getElementById(). jquery.min.js

2. Registration doesn't work anymore. I use a 3 setps process, I can reach step 2 but the "next" button doesn't do anything. I'll send you an URL to try it in private if you wish, you can pick any plan, there's no payment anyway so you can go all the way through.
I get a bunch of errors on that page:
L'utilisation de « getAttributeNode() » est obsolète. Utiliser « getAttribute() » à la place. mootools-core.js:108:0
JQMIGRATE: Logging is active jquery.migrate.min.js:1:472
Using //@ to indicate sourceMappingURL pragmas is deprecated. Use //# instead jquery.js:1:0
TypeError: $(...).addEvent is not a function hotlogin.js:30:3
L'utilisation de « getPreventDefault() » est obsolète. Utiliser « defaultPrevented » à la place. jquery.js:3:0
SyntaxError: nothing to repeat

I'm suspecting something's messing my JavaScript files. I did have a JQuery plugin installed after moving to the new host as I had some sort of a mootools / jquery conflict, so I disabled it temporarily just to make sure, this didn't change anything.

The second problem is more urgent - I only had one user to edit in the admin and as a temporary solution I manually changed his plan in the database.
If you have any idea of what may be wrong with the registration process, I'd be grateful...

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #273213 by OldLodgeSkins
It seems to have something to do with validation...
I have 3 fields on step 2 : name, user name, e-mail address
If I don't fill any and click "nest" it does its job - showing all 3 validation errors.
If I fill the "name" field, that button stops working.
If I clear it, without reloading the page, the button works again.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #273214 by OldLodgeSkins
If I remove the "name" field from the signup process I can reach step 3 and complete the registration... The problem obviously lies with that field. Profile editing in the frontend, with that field visible and writeable, works fine.

8 years 6 months ago #273221 by Satchi
Are you using the ajax name (or username, I don't recall exactly the term) checker? That may have a conflict?

Just a guess, but I would turn that off in the CB config area and see if it works again.

good luck,

Satchi

8 years 6 months ago #273224 by OldLodgeSkins
Hi Satchi,

Thanks for the suggestion.
I thought that was only for the user name...
Still I've disabled it just to make sure. It didn't help.

Seb

8 years 6 months ago #273225 by Satchi
It is for username. Sorry that wasn't helpful. Last time I changed hosts, I had to make sure the database was compatible. (went from mysql to Mariadb) Is that an issue for you?

best to you,

Satchi

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn