Error

Please login first

After moving to new host, problems with admin save button and registration

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #273226 by OldLodgeSkins
I doubt it, absolutely everything else is working great... Including the forum (Kunena), the file downloads via Phoca Downloads and the hundreds of local videos using All Video Share.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #273239 by nant
Some qyestions:

What was PHP version of old environment?
What is PHP version of new environment?
Turing on Joomla debug to maximum level are you seeing any messages?
How exactly did you move hosts?

8 years 6 months ago #273245 by OldLodgeSkins
Hi Nant,

Here is what Joomla tells me about the new host:
Database version: 5.5.46-cll
PHP version: 5.3.28
Webserver to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi

For the old one I'll have to ask as I don't have access anymore - I'll let you know as soon as I get the answer.
I've already tried setting debug mode on with maximum error reporting and only got one error in a plug-in and another one in a language file (I turned language debuging on also), I disabled both plugins temporarily just to make sure, this made no difference.

I moved using Akeeba Backup / Kickstart.

Thanks.

8 years 6 months ago #273262 by OldLodgeSkins
It was PHP 5.5 on the old host

8 years 5 months ago #273847 by krileon
Your errors look entirely JS related so PHP shouldn't matter. Ensure live_site within configuration.php is set to '' (empty). If you've any JS compression extensions installed please disable them. If there are any jQuery loaders installed please also disable them. If using a custom backend template please switch to default. It's possible Akeeba Backup did not properly restore your site on move.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #275111 by OldLodgeSkins
Hi,

Sorry it took me so long to get back here...

So, live_site is set to empty, I have no JS compression plug-ins (I did try that in the past and got trouble with it so I didn't keep it, I checked to make sure and it's not there anymore), however I do have a jQuery loader plugin - I had some jQuery conflicts after moving. I tried disabling it to make sure, there's no difference (I'm talking about the admin buttons here, I can live without the name field on the registration form I haven't tried to put it back yet - those buttons are my main problem as every time I need to change a member's subscription I must do it manually in the database).

I tried completely re-installing CB, CBSubs and all the CB plug-ins I need, but renaming the "comprofiler" folder - in case it hadn't been properly restored. No luck. Even without installing CBSubs, those buttons don't work, actually.

On a side note, I moved to another server with the same host as PHP 5.3 has some security issues plus Akeeba Backup wouldn't work with it, I now have PHP 5.5. I built another website from scratch for another project on that server, also using CB (but not CBSubs), and it's working just fine.

Thanks.

Seb.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.960 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn