[SOLVED] Can't save "CB Paid Subscriptions: General plugin settings"

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #275051 by Gary1
Upgrading has been a nightmare and I'm thinking it was not worth it.

My current issue is that I can't save the settings. The only reason I care is because I am trying to debug 100 other issues.

The message I'm getting is:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server."

You are my host as well so if there is a problem with the host look towards yourself.

I'm pretty sure my entire site is ruined and would like to offer this piece of advice:

Your entire business is a mess. The website is a nightmare, the software is a nightmare, and your hosting is a nightmare.

Everything is over complicated. You are trying to be something for everyone and as a result you cater to only highly advanced individuals.

Look to RocketTheme as a model. I pay for an extension, I install it. I add my licence code and Joomla takes care of the rest.

How many pages is the documentation? Are you kidding me? The documentation itself is evidence of exactly what I'm talking about. 584 pages...hmmm??? I want customers to buy a plan and get access, not fly to the moon and back.

I think it's high time someone reminded you of the golden rule. KISS. It stands for Keep It Simple Stupid.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #275062 by nant

Gary1 wrote: Upgrading has been a nightmare and I'm thinking it was not worth it.

Upgrading from what to what?

My current issue is that I can't save the settings. The only reason I care is because I am trying to debug 100 other issues.

The message I'm getting is:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server."

That is most likely a modsecurity issue.

You are my host as well so if there is a problem with the host look towards yourself.

I'm pretty sure my entire site is ruined and would like to offer this piece of advice:

Your entire business is a mess. The website is a nightmare, the software is a nightmare, and your hosting is a nightmare.

I will bring this thread to the attention of our hosting team.

Everything is over complicated. You are trying to be something for everyone and as a result you cater to only highly advanced individuals.

Look to RocketTheme as a model. I pay for an extension, I install it. I add my licence code and Joomla takes care of the rest.

How many pages is the documentation? Are you kidding me? The documentation itself is evidence of exactly what I'm talking about. 584 pages...hmmm??? I want customers to buy a plan and get access, not fly to the moon and back.

I think it's high time someone reminded you of the golden rule. KISS. It stands for Keep It Simple Stupid.

I understand your frustration and I agree much can be simplified.
Not sure that your comparison is fair as different scripts have different features.

8 years 5 months ago #275064 by Gary1
i updated cb and cb subs

8 years 5 months ago #275065 by nant

Gary1 wrote: i updated cb and cb subs

from what versions to what versions?

8 years 5 months ago #275069 by Gary1
not sure what i had but i am up-to-date now but debugging problems i have turned many files to 777 in order to save files...i'm sure that was a bad idea but it was better than a website that didn't work

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #275084 by Gary1
did you let the hosting people know?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.595 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn