Still limitations in cb profile - no big profiles possible

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #246026 by Andromeda57
Hello,

we have set all comprofiler tables to innodb.

But we still can't create more fields. It is not possible to create the profiles, because of much to less fields....

Here you can see a picture of the error message..

So, CB can't be used to create great Community Profiles.... This is really a very bad message...

1118 Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `a2t9_comprofiler` ADD `cb_a82` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #246028 by Andromeda57
We have talked to some programmers.

They say it is a big error OF CB and NOT of the database !!!

They say it is because of using varchar instead of text and with cb it will NOT be possible to create professional profiles ???

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #246039 by Andromeda57
Up to date:

So, after research i am up to date. As i could find in internet you know for the problems since nearly 5 years !

And the last years you knew that it is a problem of varchar and text and not myisam and innodb.

You said you will discuss a solution for cb 1.9.1, but you did not find a good solution?

So what is the problem, if i just change the text fields in database to text instead of varchar? Is there any problem? Why does CB normally uses varchar?

New Update:

I see, that there was a solution written nearly 6 years ago !! It should be fixed in next cb, but it isn't. Why??

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #246061 by beat
That is a MySQL limitation that we definitely want to get rid of for CB 2.0 Stable, now that we use the InnoDB MySQL engine, it should be fine in CB 2.0 beta 4 already with using the CB tools to check CB database and converting to InnoDB.

Which version of CB are you using ? 1.9.1 or 2.0 beta 4 ? If 2.0 beta 4 did you convert to InnoDB ? If you are using 1.9.1, did you try to convert #__comprofiler table from MyISAM to InnoDB to stop hitting that MyISAM limitation ?

What is your exact Mysql version (as displayed in Jooma's System menu, System Information sub-menu, first tab, Database Version field) ?

EDIT: This solution was already proposed to you 5 days ago here: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/225617-field-limitation#245934

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

9 years 10 months ago #246093 by Andromeda57
Hi !

We tried it with CB 1.9.1 and CB 2.0 Beta4.

We used the CB Tools and checked in MySQL, it's definetly on InnoDB and not MyISAM.

But it is definetly still limited. And as i wroted above, it is a limitation of varchar fields. They are using to much space, so it ever will be limited when using varchar.

Only a change to text can help.

9 years 10 months ago #246095 by beat

beat wrote: ...
What is your exact Mysql version (as displayed in Jooma's System menu, System Information sub-menu, first tab, Database Version field) ?

I guess my question got unnoticed. Can you please also give your exact Mysql version ?

Would it be possible to dump your jos_comprofiler_* tables structure (and data, except for jos_comprofiler, where the structure is enough) then open a Contact form and reply to the confirmation email attaching the sql dump of those tables ?

We want to solve this limitation for CB 2.0 stable, so many thanks for your help.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn