[SOLVED] CB Auto Welcome and CBBlogs questions

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254026 by Vajaro
Hi,

Hopefully the last questions but my test users found these 2 issues. I hope you can help me again.

CB Auto Welcome
Auto welcome sends a message to the new user that there is a message for him. However if the user logs in, there is no message. Probably I missed a connection between auto welcome and UddeIM but I really cannot find it. UddeIM has its own menu and it is also integrated in the CB Profile. What setting can I have missed?

CBBlogs:
If a user creates a blog, he is able to change the user id. As a matter of fact user 1 was able to create a blog for user 2. That is not desirable. Is there a way to prevent the user ID field from editing? Is it also possible to show the username in stead of the user ID?

I use the latest versions of all my plugins, joomla and CB.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Vajaro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254042 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Auto Welcome and CBBlogs questions

Vajaro wrote: Hi,

Hopefully the last questions but my test users found these 2 issues. I hope you can help me again.

CB Auto Welcome
Auto welcome sends a message to the new user that there is a message for him. However if the user logs in, there is no message. Probably I missed a connection between auto welcome and UddeIM but I really cannot find it. UddeIM has its own menu and it is also integrated in the CB Profile. What setting can I have missed?

CB AutoWelcome has not been updated for CB 2.0 compatibility as outlined here:
www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

So I am not sure if it is a compatibility issue.
Are you using the built-in CB 2.0 Private Messaging plugin to integrate with uddeIM or something else?

CBBlogs:
If a user creates a blog, he is able to change the user id. As a matter of fact user 1 was able to create a blog for user 2. That is not desirable. Is there a way to prevent the user ID field from editing? Is it also possible to show the username in stead of the user ID?

Thanks again!

Regards,
Vajaro

Only a superadmin should be able to change the ID.

I use the latest versions of all my plugins, joomla and CB.

Would really help if you always give exact versions as latest is very unclear (see CB Autowelcome issue for example).

9 years 4 months ago #254153 by Vajaro
Replied by Vajaro on topic CB Auto Welcome and CBBlogs questions
Hi,

CB AutoWelcome:
Yes, I'am using the built-in CB 2.0 Private Messaging plugin to integrate with uddeIM. For now I just depublished the plugin and I wait for the moment until the plugin is compatible.

CBBlogs:
Still a user is able to change the ID. Is this a setting that I maybe missed? Or could this be an IP-address issue? Both test users are created on my computer and therefore have the the same IP-address

Thanks!
Vajaro

9 years 4 months ago #254154 by nant

Vajaro wrote:
CBBlogs:
Still a user is able to change the ID. Is this a setting that I maybe missed? Or could this be an IP-address issue? Both test users are created on my computer and therefore have the the same IP-address

I cannot confirm this.
A plain registered user creating a blog from frontend should not even see the ID field.

9 years 4 months ago #254155 by Vajaro
Replied by Vajaro on topic CB Auto Welcome and CBBlogs questions
I understand. But this is really happening. Can I send you a PM with the credentials of one of my test user?

Regards,
Vajaro

9 years 4 months ago #254156 by nant

Vajaro wrote: I understand. But this is really happening. Can I send you a PM with the credentials of one of my test user?

Regards,
Vajaro

How have you configured your:

Community Builder -> Configuration -> Moderation tab: Moderators View Access Level parameter?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.580 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn