[SOLVED] Registration confirmation email does not include proper confirmation link

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286334 by cpaschen
Just testing our new CB registration set-up and the email that is being sent for the confirmation process doesn't have the proper confirmation URL/link.

It has:

WEBSITE.net/cb-profile/confirm

Which provides no specific user details. When clicked it just results in an error "You are not authorized to view this page! You need to log in."

Could I have a problem with the CB configuration?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #286338 by cpaschen
Sorry, that previous post 'translated' the URL.

Here is the url:
http://WEBSITE.net/cb-profile/confirm

Also, I tried entereing a custom "Pending Email Body" in the configuration (with HTML on) that includes this line:
<p></p>
<a href="[CONFIRM]">[CONFIRM]</a>
<p></p>

However, I've finally tracked down the issue.

For anyone having similar problems ...

One other thing that I noticed was that, even though the confirmation email was being sent to the user (with the bad link), and the on-screen messages didn't indicate any problems, the user information was not being saved in CB User list.
However, I did notice that the test user I was creating WAS listed in the core Joomla user screen (but was not confirmed). [Likely due to testing on the site before CB was installed/configured.]

After deleting that core user, everything appears to be working as it should.

I'm about 75% sure that I ran a sync on the user tables after getting CB installed/configured; however, I'm not 100% sure.

SO ... if anyone is having problems with user activation links, it might be good to check the core user system to make sure they are not entered there (and missing in CB user list).
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn