Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Subscription issue

• kimba
  • kimba
14 years 3 months ago #122922 by kimba
[SOLVED] Subscription issue was created by kimba
I've been trying to update my subscription plan so I can download the plugin. However, when I add my credit card details, I get an error saying this.

"The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

Now, the main issue here is that I'm using exactly the same card details here as I did when I subscribed for the Documentation Subscription. Can someone help??

Post edited by: kimba, at: 2010/01/26 23:16

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/27 04:48

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
14 years 3 months ago #122925 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Subscription issue
kimba wrote:

I've been trying to update my subscription plan so I can download the plugin. However, when I add my credit card details, I get an error saying this.

"The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

Now, the main issue here is that I'm using exactly the same card details here as I did when I subscribed for the Documentation Subscription. Can someone help??

Post edited by: kimba, at: 2010/01/26 23:16

You have probably already used that credit card in a paypal account, and that credit-card is now bound to that paypal account.

Just login into that account to pay with that credit-card. Or use a different credit-card or payment method.

If problem persists or is different, just click on the "Contact" link at bottom of the Paypal screen (after logging-in if you have a paypal account, so you can get a service number for identification), and phone-up Paypal. Most of the time, Paypal support staff is helpful and problems are solved fast. We have experienced almost no issues so far.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• kimba
  • kimba
14 years 3 months ago #122927 by kimba
Replied by kimba on topic Re:Subscription issue
I don't use paypal and I only have one credit card. I paid with VISA. Should that make a difference?

Post edited by: kimba, at: 2010/01/27 00:30

• beat
  • beat
14 years 3 months ago #122930 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Subscription issue
kimba wrote:

I don't use paypal and I only have one credit card. I paid with VISA. Should that make a difference?

Post edited by: kimba, at: 2010/01/27 00:30

Usual explanation for that error message is that you probably registered at paypal with that credit card once, while using it to pay through paypal somewhere, so the card is now "secured" by that paypal account, and can't be used without that account.

If that isn't the case, please phone to paypal to resolve the issue. We can't solve it from our end at this time.

If problem persists, please drop me a PM clicking the icon bottom left with paypal's reply and i will follow up.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• kimba
  • kimba
14 years 3 months ago #122935 by kimba
I respect that it's the usual explanation but surely there must be another.

I have never used paypal before and wouldn't know how to start using it so it's extremely unlikely I would have registered an account with them in the first place. I cannot see how contacting paypal will resolve this issue if I have never had an account with them.

Perhaps there's another explanation/suggestion to resolve this?

• kimba
  • kimba
14 years 3 months ago #122937 by kimba
Incidentally, if I did have a paypal account with the card, wouldn't I have been received the error in the first place rather than after subscribing to the Documentation Plan?

Just a thought ...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon