Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #160583 by terracaching
Hello,

When I try to install any plugin at the moment it will return the message: ERROR: Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

We were running low on disk space this week, corrupted the forum (kanune)and filepermission problems witch all are solved.It did also mess-up the parameters in the config off CB. I did walk true every tab again and changed it to our needs. Now we only still have the mentioned problem.

I just also see that the page title is the "real name(user name)" how do I remove the real name in the page title?

CB1.4
PHP Built on: Linux stichting.opencaching.nl 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jan 5 17:52:25 EST 2011 x86_64
Database Version: 5.1.54
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.3.5
Web Server: Apache
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.22 Stable [ senu takaa ama woi ] 04-November-2010 18:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #160588 by nant

terracaching wrote: Hello,

When I try to install any plugin at the moment it will return the message: ERROR: Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

Which exact package?

CB Plugins must be installed via the CB Plugin Manager (as the documentation you have access to describes).

We were running low on disk space this week, corrupted the forum (kanune)and filepermission problems witch all are solved.It did also mess-up the parameters in the config off CB. I did walk true every tab again and changed it to our needs. Now we only still have the mentioned problem.

If you have modified in any way Joomla or CB code then I suggest you start over - dropping the database and reinstalling everything.

I just also see that the page title is the "real name(user name)" how do I remove the real name in the page title?

This is a setting in CB Configuration area - what name format to use.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #160592 by terracaching
Replied by terracaching on topic Re: Could not find an XML setup file in the package.
Wich plugins: Facebook and groupjive

Install is known.

software and Db is not hacked to our needs bus was a clean install. Only now filled with plugins, tabs and Users.

name format solved

12 years 11 months ago #160599 by nant

terracaching wrote: Wich plugins: Facebook and groupjive

Install is known.

software and Db is not hacked to our needs bus was a clean install. Only now filled with plugins, tabs and Users.

name format solved

Facebook and GroupJive packages need to be unzipped first as they contain additional installable packages in them.

This is why their name has the phrase -unzip1st- in them.

Also the download description of both packages clearly state this fact.

12 years 11 months ago #160623 by terracaching
Replied by terracaching on topic Re: Could not find an XML setup file in the package.
Hello,

I did indeed unzip first en tried to install the included zipfile.
I did RTFM :lol:

kind regards
kees

12 years 11 months ago #160624 by nant

terracaching wrote: Hello,

I did indeed unzip first en tried to install the included zipfile.
I did RTFM :lol:

kind regards
kees

So do you still have an issue with these 2 packages or not?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn