[SOLVED] CBsubs Ioncube loader

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #168186 by robbiemc
[SOLVED] CBsubs Ioncube loader was created by robbiemc
Hi

I have just joined Joomlapolis as a Professional member having tested, and loved, CB for some time. I wish to take the sites I am working on to that next stage of development by introducing a subscription service and for that purpose have bought in to CBsubs.

Looking at the pre-installation checklist it asks to verify if my environment has the Ioncube loader, to my knowledge it did not. Upon enquiring with my service provider I received the following response;

'We are unable to offer ioncube loaders for the server as it conflicts with our version of zendcore that we are using on the server. Although it states on the ioncube website that it should work, it does not work on our system, it has been tried many times. We have more customers who use the zend optomizers, therefore we can not remove them to replace with the ioncube.'

In the pre-reqs it is suggested that if the service provider does not offer ioncube we should look for alternatives, however this would be an issue as we currently have 10 sites with them and would not wish to move away.

Is it possible to load CBsubs without ioncube?

Any assistance/advice would be appreciatted.

Robbie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #168198 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: CBsubs Ioncube loader
Ioncube is part of CBSubs security to minimize potential damage to your payments in case of site hacking. Thus it is a prerequisite.

We have seen many hosts which run both Zend and Ioncube on the same host, provided that the PHP installation, and Zend optimizer are up-to-date and compatible, which often isn't the case, as Zend had over a year delay in supporting latest PHP versions.

Additionnally to the hoster system-based installation, there is a folder-based installation that is possible as well, and that is described in the readme file of the free ioncube loader package available here (you need to know which system the hoster has on your server, usually Linux (x86), sometimes 64-bit version of Linux: Linux (x86-64)):

www.ioncube.com/loaders.php

It is enough in most cases to do that folder-based installation that you can do yourself.

If you still have issues, please private-message to Kyle (krileon) of our team the access and URL to this thread for reference, and we will help you.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn