Error

Please login first

[SOLVED] CB Profile Gallery Tab Description block

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191938 by rspack
I am using CB Profile Gallery version 1.2 with Joomla 2.5.1 and CB 1.8RC.

I added some instructions to the Profile Gallery tab, as it seems my members have a hard time figuring out they must add photos from their profile view page and not from the edit profile page.

The issue is when I add text to the description box, it still shows on the member's profile page when being viewed by the public, even though it clearly states "Description: This description appears only on user edit, not on profile (For profile text, use delimiter fields):".

I tried the solution Krileon gave here: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/112-cb-122-general-discussion/131779-solved-tab-descriptions?limit=6&start=6#132303
by deleting those lines of code, but it still shows the description. Has the solution changed since moving to later versions?

It would be better if the gallery uploading could be either moved to the Edit Profile tab section, or remove the tab from the edit screen. Sorry to be a pain, but some of my users arent very computer savvy. I need to make things as simple and self-explanatory as possible for these folks...geeze.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191939 by rspack
Sorry, I deleted the wrong lines of code. The ones Krileon spoke of did not appear on the lines he mentions for the version of CB Galery I have. I then searched for the code and found the same code beginning around line 126. Unfortunately this was not the correct code as I later found the right code beginning on line 1702 in CB Galler 1.2

Removed those lines of code as per Krileon's orginal post in link above and now the description only appears when user is on CB Gallery tab in the Edit Profile mode. Other than there, it will not appear anywhere else.

Thanks again Kril...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn