[SOLVED] Auto actions request

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194661 by lockr
[SOLVED] Auto actions request was created by lockr
Forgive me for posting on this forum. Yesterday attempts to post on the incubator forum were throwing 500 errors and today the site is completely inaccessible. I also understand that incubator products don't have the same support, but if you could help me I'd appreciate it.

I'm using the auto actions plugin to try to register new CB members with iDev using their API (which just involves sending an http request with registration variables in the URL. I have set it up as follows:

Published: Yes
Title: Register with iDev
Description: (empty)
Type: Request
Triggers: onAfterUserRegsitration
User: Automatic
Access: (Temporarily I have set this for all to make sure event is triggered)
Conditional: (empty)
URL: www.getlockr.com/dev/partner/API/scripts/new_affiliate.php
Method: Get

Request:
secret=(My number is here)
password=[password]
username=[username]
email=[email]
approved=1

Return: Hide
Error: Show
Debug: Show
Exclude: (empty)

Here's where I've got:
1. I tested the URL and created one with all the variables and test values and fired it up in Chrome and it successfully added a user to the database. There is no issue at iDev's end.

2. When I register a new user from the front end, I get the debug/error info, but it makes no sense to me at all- i can't even see the URL the script has created nor any of the substitution variables and their real values- I'll post it at the bottom)
3. I tried placing test values in the Request box, rather than substitution variables. Made no difference.
4. I entered a URL with test get variables included into the URL box in the plug-in and left the Request box empty. Again, nothing happened

What might I try next? What I have gathered is that the action is being fired, but the http request is not being made- otherwise the ones with test values would have worked, right?

Below is debug test:
I see the word error in there, but no idea what error
User=> string(0)- does this mean that it doesn't have a user object?

FIXED: It's started working- no idea why or how- it just started working. I'm afraid this wont help anyone else who has the same (unknown) issue

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn