[SOLVED] Allow users to show or hide their online status

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194830 by onlinesince79
Hi there,

I need a solution to enable cb users to control whether their status is hidden or shown.

At present if a user is online, their online status will display ONLINE etc, but i want the user to be able to control whether they appear online or offline.

I would like to create a cb field cb_statustoggle, then depending on the users choice their online status will be displayed. Can this be achieved through auto actions or any other cb condition plugin etc?

Many thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194834 by bk6366
Have you looked into CB Privacy ? Sounds like what you're looking for :)

To enable/disable they would need to edit it in their profile but it should work.

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.

12 years 1 month ago #194835 by onlinesince79
Replied by onlinesince79 on topic Re: Allow users to show or hide their online status
Hi bk6366

Thanks alot for the suggestion! I am using cb privacy plugin to control access to other fields, however it doesnt seem to work for the system field onlinestatus.

Do you have an idea of how to implement?

Thanks agin :)

12 years 1 month ago #194837 by onlinesince79
Replied by onlinesince79 on topic Re: Allow users to show or hide their online status
PS your site ezbandpage looks awesome

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194838 by bk6366

I am using cb privacy plugin to control access to other fields, however it doesnt seem to work for the system field onlinestatus.

Cool - I'm not using CB Privacy so it's beyond my realm - however, I just went into:
Components > Community Builder > Field Management and added a new [Radio Buttons] field (cb_onlinenow). I set the values (at the bottom) to Show Online + add field + Hide Online.

After saving that new field, I opened the cb_onlinestatus field and set the following 2 conditions as shown in the screen cap:

SHOW (condition 1)

HIDE (condition 2)

Now, if I log in to my public profile, I can go to the EDIT profile link, select the group that contains the Show/Hide field (my case: 'About Me'), scroll down and select to show or hide.

It may not be as simple as pressing a button (maybe a core edit or something else...) but it seems to work for me.

PS your site ezbandpage looks awesome

Thanks! :cheer:

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.
Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #194839 by onlinesince79
You sir are most awesome :) B) :) B)

Thank you so much for taking time to look at my question and constructing/trying this solution.

I will give it a go and let you know.

Thanks again my friend ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bk6366

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn