CB Subs CB Action auto move into group (paid/free)

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #211483 by pwerner
We are having an issue with cbsubs 2.02 access level permissions on a joomla 2.5 site. I can control Paid/Free content without registering (meaning if unregistered then free content works and paid content display error: "you do not have access to content....")

I can get the paid email confrimation/payment sandbox to function (activation/payment details) however the access level permissions are acting differently when assigned to a subscription.

I have restricted the subscriptions permission level at the category level (Paid vs Free)but 2 main issues

1.) CB subs will not move the user automatically into a group (paid/fee) based on their subscription choice- I can manaully switch in CBsubs into (paid/free) and levels work. Seems like they automatically inherent the ACl user group "public" after registering

2.) Cannot get the account activation email to send for paid subscriptions. I can manually resend them and then activate it however the auto email only sends when a user selects a free sub. So a paid user doesnt get activation email and thus cant login (Thus lol)

If anyone wants to help Id be gracious. Id be happy to hand out some logins/passwords. The site is active at acadamiacs.com now for testing. You can see the access paid vs access free content with corresponding permission levels works fine without registering.

I am trying to move a "paid" user into a "paid" permission level during registration but cannot get the right settings. Should I be using CB actions? if so, what is right action for Paid/free? Should it be creating or replacing groups? Has anyone done this with success? I can set up someone with login/password and donate a pint or 2 for solution

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211519 by nant

pwerner wrote: We are having an issue with cbsubs 2.02 access level permissions on a joomla 2.5 site. I can control Paid/Free content without registering (meaning if unregistered then free content works and paid content display error: "you do not have access to content....")

Please note that you can also use CBSubs protection and not need to rely on Joomla ACL to protect your content. Just install and enable the CBSubs COntent integration plugin (the cbsubpaidbot also needs to be present). Once installed your CBSubs plans will have 3 extra subtabs (COntent & Extensions) in the Integration tab. Here you can select which content this plan protects.

This is described in detail in the CBSubs manual - strongly suggest you spend some time reading - I know its big, but CBSubs is very powerful.

I can get the paid email confrimation/payment sandbox to function (activation/payment details) however the access level permissions are acting differently when assigned to a subscription.

Not sure what you mean by access permissions.
You can configure your CBSubs plan to automatically add a J25+ user to another ACL group upon subscription activation and remove user from this extra ACL group when subscription ends.
This is configured in the Workflow tab of your CBSubs plan.

I have restricted the subscriptions permission level at the category level (Paid vs Free)but 2 main issues

Not sure I understand what you mean here.

1.) CB subs will not move the user automatically into a group (paid/fee) based on their subscription choice- I can manaully switch in CBsubs into (paid/free) and levels work. Seems like they automatically inherent the ACl user group "public" after registering

If you have properly configured CBSubs workflow tab to add user to extra J25 ACL group and this is not working, then something is wrong. Please note that users are not switched - they will just be added to an extra group. So typically you should expect a new user that registers to a CBSubs plan that also is configured in the workflow to place user in another ACL group - this user will be placed in 2 groups (registered and whatever else you configured).

2.) Cannot get the account activation email to send for paid subscriptions. I can manually resend them and then activate it however the auto email only sends when a user selects a free sub. So a paid user doesnt get activation email and thus cant login (Thus lol)

When you say account activation email - what do you mean ? The CB email? Or something in CBSUbs?

I am trying to move a "paid" user into a "paid" permission level during registration but cannot get the right settings. Should I be using CB actions? if so, what is right action for Paid/free? Should it be creating or replacing groups? Has anyone done this with success? I can set up someone with login/password and donate a pint or 2 for solution

No need to use CB Actions for this.

I suggest you investigate letting CBSubs handle the access permissions instead of using Joomla ACL method. It has many advantages - for example CBSubs will automatically propose the plans that will unlock any access that is protected - this way you get nice marketing action calls directly on your site.

11 years 7 months ago #211558 by pwerner
Thanks a ton a Nant! Sorry double posting I just forgot that I was pro member and didn't know if I had put into right category of forum.

I actually disabled ACL after posting in an attempt to start from scratch and it worked as intended (just like you said)

-Except for the paid email activation being sent automatically.
To clarify when a user registers I have selected they confirm Registration by email.

- When a user selects a free sub level they get the activation link to their email fine.
- When a paid sub is chosen during registration ,only the payment info is sent to users email and the account activation email never gets sent to user
(unless I manually force, then it works fine)

Thanks again for the help and great work on this tool you guys have saved my dev team weeks/months...If you ever need a graphic for something holler I got ya :)

11 years 7 months ago #211588 by nant

pwerner wrote: Thanks a ton a Nant! Sorry double posting I just forgot that I was pro member and didn't know if I had put into right category of forum.

ok

I actually disabled ACL after posting in an attempt to start from scratch and it worked as intended (just like you said)

Not sure what you mean by disabling ACL ...

-Except for the paid email activation being sent automatically.
To clarify when a user registers I have selected they confirm Registration by email.

- When a user selects a free sub level they get the activation link to their email fine.
- When a paid sub is chosen during registration ,only the payment info is sent to users email and the account activation email never gets sent to user
(unless I manually force, then it works fine)

Not sure what you mean by manually force ...

Look at your CBSubs plan workflow tab - perhaps it is set to over-ride CB settings?

Thanks again for the help and great work on this tool you guys have saved my dev team weeks/months...If you ever need a graphic for something holler I got ya :)

Glad you like it - we do!

11 years 7 months ago #211594 by pwerner
I meant I removed the joomla level permissions/groups and allowed cbsubs to protect content...worked fine.

The workflow doesn't seem to be overriding the activation email.I can manually force by clicking the "Resend Confirmation" and then the email gets sent to user and works.....so i know the mass mail setup/and email address can receive.

11 years 7 months ago #211598 by nant

pwerner wrote: I meant I removed the joomla level permissions/groups and allowed cbsubs to protect content...worked fine.

The workflow doesn't seem to be overriding the activation email.I can manually force by clicking the "Resend Confirmation" and then the email gets sent to user and works.....so i know the mass mail setup/and email address can receive.

Ok, send me a private message with backend superadmin access.
Also which specific plan is not sending confirmation emails?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn