[SOLVED] downloaded file CBPRO doesn't work

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #211995 by overwatch
Hi... I renewed my subscription and upgraded to professional earlier today (cost me $87 + $44) however, after downloading the CBPRO file and uploading to my Joomla site, I was twice given the error message that the "archive could not be opened".
Thinking that the package file may have needed me to unzip into smaller component packages first, I attempted to open the zip archive on my PC and wa given the error code of:

"Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive.
If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again."

Please assist me with this issue ASAP so that I can continue to build my sites.
Thankyou

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211996 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: downloaded file CBPRO doesn't work

overwatch wrote: Hi... I renewed my subscription and upgraded to professional earlier today (cost me $87 + $44) however, after downloading the CBPRO file and uploading to my Joomla site, I was twice given the error message that the "archive could not be opened".
Thinking that the package file may have needed me to unzip into smaller component packages first, I attempted to open the zip archive on my PC and wa given the error code of:

"Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive.
If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again."

Please assist me with this issue ASAP so that I can continue to build my sites.
Thankyou

Please try downloading again - the file you download should be 5.99 MB

11 years 7 months ago #211997 by overwatch
Replied by overwatch on topic Re: downloaded file CBPRO doesn't work
It was and I already did download again... and tried reuploading to my site but no dice... the file you currently have available on your site is not working... it will not open with Winzip and it will not open through Joomla installer. it won't open on my PC which is in the states and the Joomla installer on my site (physically located on a server in Germany) cannot open it. Is there an alternative download site?

11 years 7 months ago #211999 by overwatch
BTW... thank you for the rapid response!

11 years 7 months ago #212000 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: downloaded file CBPRO doesn't work

overwatch wrote: It was and I already did download again... and tried reuploading to my site but no dice... the file you currently have available on your site is not working... it will not open with Winzip and it will not open through Joomla installer. it won't open on my PC which is in the states and the Joomla installer on my site (physically located on a server in Germany) cannot open it. Is there an alternative download site?

I just downloaded and link works just fine - 6.3 was the download size.
And package unzips just fine.

What is the size that you downloaded?

11 years 7 months ago #212002 by overwatch
First download was 2,327Kb
Second download of the same file was 4,033Kb
Not sure why the same file downloads with different file sizes... the download is completing each time!
Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn