[SOLVED] SQL error Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type

2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #337135 by jcrimmel
Starting to see this issue in the last few days. Things have been running smoothly on J5.1 with php8.2 for months. But now any time I try to save a new field, delete a field, or change the type of an existing field I get this error. The field is still created, edited, or deleted despite the error, well sometimes deleted / sometimes not.
Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs

I understand something is going on with the database table. I have deleted any unpublished fields I don't need, changed the field type to text for any field that could work as a text field, and looked through the database table for vchar type field to change to text type, but no luck.  Are there any suggestions for this? Could there be a PHP setting in the Cpanel or a setting in phpmyadmin that will help this out? I'm not exactly sure what's going on here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337142 by jcrimmel
Update: mySQL wasn't happy about something in the comprofiler table. I deleted the table and imported another copy and no more issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn