cbloginrc2 module shows new messages when none

18 years 4 months ago #2670 by fusion93
Hi, I am having a problem with the cbloginrc2 module. I believe it may be a bug. I have MyPMS II open source installed. If I send a message with no subject, and the recipient replies to that message but erases the subject and sends it back, I will receive the message but with no subject, hence no way to open the message. The only choice seems to be to delete messages that get send this way (with no subject). After deletion it goes to the trash. Here is where the problem starts with the cbloginrc2 module. After the deleted message is no longer in the inbox, it still shows that I have a new message in the login module, but the message is in the trash. I delete (empty) the trash so the message is completely gone, yet the login module still displays that I have a new message. I've logged out and back in, still shows new message. I've repeated this procedure several times to try and figure out if there is a way around it, but to no avail. My question is how do I get the login module to properly display that there is no new messages when they're are none in the inbox? Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks for any info anyone might have.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #2674 by nant
Yup - this is a known problem - I think it has been mentioned on this forum somewhere. The problem is likely due to the quick-message feature that allows empty subjects (problem #1) and the login module that counts unread deleted messages (problem #2). Both are fixed for the next release.

18 years 4 months ago #2679 by fusion93
Thanks nant, I hadn't thought about the quick message thing, that sounds about right. Is there something I can do in the mean time while I'm waiting for the next release, in regards to clearing the new message module? I will disable the quick message for now, but I have a couple members on my site that have this as a problem and I am clueless as how to at least temporarily patch that up. Any ideas?

p.s. thank you for the very prompt reply! :side:

-Mike

18 years 4 months ago #2684 by nant
you can go in the database and find the messages that have null subjects and change them to (no subject) strings. If you have PMS enhanced you can do this via the backend.

18 years 4 months ago #2697 by fusion93
Thanks nant, I went into the database like you said and found the message that was giving me the trouble. The one that was unread and deleted from the trash had a -1 in the inbox value. I changed it to 1 and also the read state to 1 (read). That cleared the problem up. I also found a great fix for the no subject problem. See this forum post here for prafale's fix. He added an href tag to the read/unread image, so you can open the message by clicking on that as well as clicking on the subject. Thanks for your help!

-Mike :side:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn