Login bug (fields still available after loging in)

18 years 4 months ago #3407 by Wooks
Hi,

I've been having issues with the login mod. It used to happen seldomly that when a user logs in it shows them (in the "online" mod) as logged in, but they aren't, and the login fields are still available. :S

I found one other mention of an issue that sounded similar and someone replied that it might have something to do with the template.

Anyone know what the problem could be? Is it a template thing (I have tried with other templates and it hasn't seemed to help) :(

I've also tried removing all mods and components for community builder and reinstalling them, no luck!

Please help, thanks. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #3408 by nant
Hi,

I guess I would need more information to help.
In general an account is in a logged in session for a certain period of time (backend Joomla/Mambo parameter) unless they force logout (via the logout button). So if someone just closes the browser and opens another one on a different machine they will notice that the user account is still listed (for some timeout period) in the online module.
And what do you mean "login fields are still available"?

18 years 4 months ago #3409 by Wooks
Sorry, that wasn't much to go on I guess :)

If a user logs in, the page reloads (as the info is sent I guess) but then it stops midway and reloads again. Then the module that shows who is online says that that user is onine, but the login in fields (which should be gone once your logged in, and only showing the option to logout) are still there.

18 years 4 months ago #3412 by nant
what browser are you using?
i have seen something similar with the AOL browser on some templates.
try a different browser and tell me if the problem persists.

18 years 4 months ago #3413 by Wooks
Forgot to say before, shot for replying so quickly, appreciate the help.

Ok, I'm having the problems on IE, sometimes, not always, thats why I'm not sure if it is browser specific. On the other hand it seems to work fine in Firefox.

I've gone back to the original Joomla User Management just now and it seems to be working. But I'd much rather have the functionality of Community Builder.

As I mentioned, I've removed al coms and mods and reinstalled, deleted and reregistered users, none of those seemed to help (really wishing I hadn't deleted the users now :pinch: )

If it'd help to see the site, it's www.touchcafe.com - if you'd like me to put the Com Builder mods back I cando that.

Thanks again.

18 years 3 months ago #5357 by KobeBeef
I've got similar issues on my site too. After loging in , the username and password fields still show. I've changed over to firefox and it's worked fine. But my concern is for the users. Some may not be on firefox and some may not want to change over.

Has anyone found out why this happens?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn