Help - Need Extension... Groups?

14 years 4 weeks ago #130274 by ThaiM
Help - Need Extension... Groups? was created by ThaiM
I'm looking for an extension/component or plugin that will allow members to be able to join a group and be displayed that they have joined that group.

An example would be something like:

John views an Interest Group page with groups like Airplanes, Trains and Automobiles. Each of those groups is showing the people who have joined and how many are in that group. Detailed view of that group shows members and their CB profile when clicked.

John has the option of clicking "Join this group" and he's added.

I think it's fairly straightforward but I can't really find an existing extension for this. I'm currently experimenting with SOBI2 but so far the user has to manually enter in all their info and it just doesn't flow like how I want it to.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 weeks ago #130285 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Help - Need Extension... Groups?
Hi there.

Welcome to Joomlapolis and thanks for your CB Documentation subscription.

We have a number of work in progress items that should fit your needs and also an opportunity for you to help test and fine tune them also.

Our GroupJive plugin is currently in beta phase (see dedicated forum area further down) and we also have an activity plugin and framework also in the making.

This combination sounds like it should satisfy your use case.

I would like to invite you to the test team of both items. You would be helping to bring them to release status. If you are interested please PM me (private message) and I will return instructions on how to join.

14 years 4 weeks ago #130380 by ThaiM
Replied by ThaiM on topic Re:Help - Need Extension... Groups?
nant wrote:

...and we also have an activity plugin and framework also in the making.

Okay, I've got GroupJive installed, but what do you mean by the Activity Plugin and framework combination? I can't seem to find those.

14 years 4 weeks ago #130385 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Help - Need Extension... Groups?
ThaiM wrote:

nant wrote:

...and we also have an activity plugin and framework also in the making.

Okay, I've got GroupJive installed, but what do you mean by the Activity Plugin and framework combination? I can't seem to find those.

Those are currently in development and will be shared with workgroup team you are now a member of in due time.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.729 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn