Dop down menu goes under userlist

13 years 11 months ago #132557 by tntsolid
Dop down menu goes under userlist was created by tntsolid
I am using:

Joomla 1.5.17
Community Builder 1.2 (with no modifications)
ARI YUI Menu 1.0.4 (for this example but I get the same result with any drop-down menu)
URL timeshareownerscommunity.com/exchange-rent/userslist.html

It really would help me to have a drop-down menu on top of this userlist but it seems like all of them go under, I know it is not a problem with the menus (I have tried several) because they work fine anywhere else.
Thank you for your time and valuable help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #132567 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Dop down menu goes under userlist
Hi. It could just be me, but I dont think I understand exactly what your concern is. Assuming we've never seen or used your site before (because we haven't) please be as clear as possible on exactly what you are talking about.

I cant see any drop down menu under the userlist

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

13 years 11 months ago #132570 by tntsolid
Replied by tntsolid on topic Re:Dop down menu goes under userlist
Exactly that it's the problem, you can't see the drop-down menu because it goes under where the "User-List" starts.
The menu item "America" has 2 sub-categories"E.U." and "Mexico", E.U. has plenty of sub-categories but you can't see them because the "drop-down" goes under the list.
This happens with any menu that "drops-down" to the space occupied by the "Userlist".

Thank you for your time and help ckayfish.

13 years 11 months ago #132573 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Dop down menu goes under userlist
The content that is on top when you use the drop down is in a div called "rt-block"

The module you have for you menu is yuimenubar, and uses a combo of inline and CSS styles. There are even some z-indexes being defined.

In a quick look I couldnt tell exactly how to resolve. I suggest using somthing like Firebug and start inpecting the CSS and look into how you could set the z-index of various "parts" to layer things properly.

Anyway, the conflict looks like its with Gantry/rockettheme (your template) and the menu module. Nothing to do with CB from what I can see.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

13 years 11 months ago #132574 by tntsolid
Replied by tntsolid on topic Re:Dop down menu goes under userlist
Thank you ckayfish!
I will look in to the template.

13 years 11 months ago #132587 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Dop down menu goes under userlist
tntsolid wrote:

Thank you ckayfish!
I will look in to the template.