UserList: Advanced Frontend Search

18 years 1 month ago #7781 by omegix
Replied by omegix on topic Re:UserList: Advanced Frontend Search
CorpWebHost wrote:

oops forgot about the italian words....give me a few minutes and i'll look at it. the fields that create the template of qualifiers seems to still be in italian....

Edit: Updated file at www.corpwebhost.com/comprofiler.html.zip includes the fix to the new fields being in Italian. If you overwright the file in the package with the one in the fix it will work.

Post edited by: CorpWebHost, at: 2006/03/04 18:10

Some of the dropdown lists still seem to be in Italian.
One comes up as "e uguale a" and another as "diverso da."

I think I see how you're fixing it, I'll try to make the corrections on my end as well (I just need to google an online translator.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #7785 by omegix
Replied by omegix on topic Re:UserList: Advanced Frontend Search
I also noticed that on my userList page the sentance "Search is Disabled" came up.

Any idea what is causing this to come up as "Search is Disabled" instead of "Search is Enabled?"

18 years 1 month ago #7796 by supixxx
Replied by supixxx on topic Re:UserList: Advanced Frontend Search
omegix wrote:

Any idea what is causing this to come up as "Search is Disabled" instead of "Search is Enabled?"

I guess: a translation error?

Maybe instead of "Serach is disabled" you should get "Disable Search", and instead of "Search is Enabled" you should get "Enable Search". Does this make sense?

If it does, the fix should be easy. You just have to find and replace the text in the file /components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php.

Cheers,
Marcello.

18 years 1 month ago #8088 by spinoza
Replied by spinoza on topic Re:UserList: Advanced Frontend Search
I am trying to minize this patch so that there is no actual change to the frontend page, because im looking for a clean look with no extra options/buttons/outputs etc.

So all id like is the CB search engine to take in account 2 extra custom fields.

Here's what i did so far:

- i overwrote the 3 backend files in administrator/components/_comprofiler/

- then ran the query on the start post.

- then enabled searching on the custom fields.

The thing left to do is adding the neccesary code from the patched comprofiler_html to my own comprofiler_html. But i am no coder so offcourse i have no wich lines i need and where to place them.

Id like to ask if someone can please tell me the exact codes+lines i need to paste in the fronted comprofiler.html.php to let the default CB search engine also search in the custom fields wich i enabled for searching?

thanks a million!

Post edited by: spinoza, at: 2006/03/12 13:38

18 years 1 month ago #8096 by ptkho
Replied by ptkho on topic Re:UserList: Advanced Frontend Search
This component is exactly what I'm looking for and worked great! Thank you very much Marcello (Supixxx). This is a great plugin/component and I silently hope it will be fully integrated in the standard CB-package.
Localization to Dutch is thanks to this forum-topic no problem at all for me.

Keep on going with the good work!

18 years 1 month ago #8389 by jmr
Replied by jmr on topic Re:UserList: Advanced Frontend Search
Hi

Great job - finally I found what I was looking for. However, there is one things I'd like to mention:

As long as advanced search is enabled I can't see the drop down with my pre-defined lists. Why is that so and how can I change this?

Thanks again for the great hack!

jmr

Post edited by: jmr, at: 2006/03/17 14:48

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.020 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn