[SOLVED] Users cannot edit their profiles

13 years 11 months ago #133152 by angelicrevolt
Replied by angelicrevolt on topic Re:Users cannot edit their profiles
beat wrote:

Also check if you have any previous third-party ACL-hack or other third-party hacks or joomla plugin leftovers installed.

I would recommend overwriting with same joomla version than installed one (do not upgrade to 1.5.16/17 because of bugs) (of course remove installation directory) and same just install over without uninstalling CB 1.2.2. Just to make sure joomla or CB hacks are out of the picture before hunting further.

CBsubs is the only ACL I have utilized. Are you saying to re-install joomla? Shouldn't I wait till Nant has had a chance to snoop around?

Post edited by: angelicrevolt, at: 2010/05/16 01:12
The topic has been locked.
13 years 11 months ago #133155 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Users cannot edit their profiles
angelicrevolt wrote:

beat wrote:

Also check if you have any previous third-party ACL-hack or other third-party hacks or joomla plugin leftovers installed.

I would recommend overwriting with same joomla version than installed one (do not upgrade to 1.5.16/17 because of bugs) (of course remove installation directory) and same just install over without uninstalling CB 1.2.2. Just to make sure joomla or CB hacks are out of the picture before hunting further.

CBsubs is the only ACL I have utilized. Are you saying to re-install joomla? Shouldn't I wait till Nant has had a chance to snoop around?

If you are 100% sure that nothing changed your joomla or CB core files, then there is no need to overwrite them. I didn't say re-install. Just overwrite your joomla install with same joomla files (except installation folder). If done right, that will keep all. Backup first as usual.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
13 years 11 months ago #133156 by angelicrevolt
beat wrote:

angelicrevolt wrote:

beat wrote:

If you are 100% sure that nothing changed your joomla or CB core files, then there is no need to overwrite them. I didn't say re-install. Just overwrite your joomla install with same joomla files (except installation folder). If done right, that will keep all. Backup first as usual.

I have only made changes to core files for images and language, and inline styling, nothing to change the functionality of cb.
13 years 11 months ago #133163 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Users cannot edit their profiles
angelicrevolt wrote:

I have only made changes to core files for images and language, and inline styling, nothing to change the functionality of cb.

Took a look.
Well you have changed something and you need to test with the default Joomla template also and SEF off - it might help you find the issue.

Language file changes can be kept.

Don;t understand what changes you have made to images.

Please test with default Joomla template.

I cannot even see the CB Edit menu on the profile page.
13 years 11 months ago #133168 by angelicrevolt
update,

ok, it seems when I unpublished tabs in the "right of middle" area, it made all the ones in the left of middle not show, regardless if they were published or not.

i have the profiles back up to full rendering. you will see the menu midway down the profile on the left.

I found something else that may or may not be related. Around the time I was installing AUP i noticed this warning on the User list page:

[code:1]Warning: Missing argument 21 for HTML_comprofiler::usersList(), called in /components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php on line 1064 and defined in /components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php on line 685[/code:1]

So I went in to look and it was "$random." I added it to comprofiler.php. and the error went away. I ftpd the original comprofiler.php yesterday and so the warning returned, but it has no affect on the issue at hand.

Post edited by: angelicrevolt, at: 2010/05/16 14:06
13 years 11 months ago #133345 by angelicrevolt
I performed the overwrite of comprofiler and it corrected the issue. Thank you for your assistance.

I really wish I could have known what was causing it, for future reference.

Anyway, thank you for your assistance. Have a great day.

AR
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn