vBulletin vBridge Plugin

18 years 2 months ago #5052 by oojacoboo
Replied by oojacoboo on topic Re:vBulletin vBridge Plugin
anymore news on the plugin, asside from this new connector framework, which is quite messy at the moment? I am wanting this real bad. One of the few missing pieces to the puzzle for my community site.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #5201 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:vBulletin vBridge Plugin
Hey all!

From recent postings at joomla.org, its become apparent that vBridge will no longer be supported and that the succesor to vBridge will be com_connector.

I am glad to see that there is a consolidated, working solution for vbulletin and joomla.

Now we have been hoping for a vbulletin/cbrc2/joomla solution.

Our hopes lie with those who are involved with com_connector for a solution!

Is there anybody currently working on a community builder / vbulletin / joomla solution? I would like to support this effort any way I can!

Let's rally the troops and see if we can drum up support -- ie donations, coders, testers so that we can get a solution working!

Post edited by: dsendecki, at: 2006/01/31 17:33

18 years 2 months ago #5212 by oojacoboo
yea, I just dropped vbridge and I am working on getting a com_connector install up and running. It looks alot more promising. I also have asked the developers of cb their intentions. I surely hope this is where everyone is headed b/c its a great solution!

18 years 2 months ago #5213 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:vBulletin vBridge Plugin
joomlamoves just posted a code snippet over at joomla.org that sill get com_connector working with CBRC2 -- only problem is you have to use mod_login and not cb_login...

I like the workflow/login of CB too much to give up using cb_login.

18 years 2 months ago #5215 by oojacoboo
interesting... I may have to try that out. A hacked mod_login wouldn't be that hard either. But, I really just want to see everyone cooperate here, rather than seeing a bunch of hacks.

18 years 2 months ago #5781 by Giggler
Replied by Giggler on topic Re:vBulletin vBridge Plugin
Has anyone had luck getting the com_connector to actually work with vbulletin and be able to login from vbulletin to joomla and joomla to vbulletin?

So far, I couldn't get it to work either way (PHP4)and it seem a little hard to gather all the peices that you need and info on how to install it properly. I have followed the how to on joomla, but anyway...

It's actually sad to see that Predator will longer continue vBridge. vBridge has worked for me with joomla,CB, vBulletin with Classified.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn