vBulletin vBridge Plugin

18 years 2 months ago #5917 by oojacoboo
Replied by oojacoboo on topic Re:vBulletin vBridge Plugin
using the com_connector now on macmod dot com. Have a look if you like. Yes, it was hard to find all the info and even still I had to manually troubleshoot. I offered to create a site for the project, but he won't reply... :/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #17288 by theelite
Replied by theelite on topic Re:vBulletin vBridge Plugin
I am guessing a good vbridge plugin/connection has been given up on? I would really like for this to work, bbpixel has an integration script but doesn't seem to work with CB.

17 years 8 months ago #18866 by slinky
Replied by slinky on topic Re:vBulletin vBridge Plugin
You are correct -- the bbpixel script does work (kudos to them and I have a copy) but unfortuately it does not work with community builder. I will look into this when I have time. I believe it may be due to the fact that the hacks are placed in the login box for joomla and hopefully the same can be applied to the community builder module instead (since that replaces the login module.)

I have been using it on my site and will be upgrading vb to 3.6, adding in cb 1.01 and then integrating all the stuff together with Joomla 1.0.10, which itself should have some things tightened up.

17 years 6 months ago #21852 by keith.suth
Replied by keith.suth on topic Re:vBulletin vBridge Plugin
I just stumbled across this:

extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1092/Itemid,35/

I'm thinking of giving it a try once I get vBulletin up.

17 years 3 months ago #28018 by kenlyle
Replied by kenlyle on topic Re:vBulletin vBridge Plugin
The ELearningForce bridges look good, at least they have good testimonials and say they've been tested against pretty recent versions of J and vBulletin or PHPBB respectively.

What features or issues, specifically, make so many people want to look past Joomlaboard?

I am about to implement, so I'm open to ideas.

Best,
Ken

17 years 2 months ago #31888 by JDuc
Replied by JDuc on topic Re:vBulletin vBridge Plugin
kenlyle wrote:

What features or issues, specifically, make so many people want to look past Joomlaboard?

I have not spent a real long time using Joomlaboard, only implementing it to play with it on my personal site.

For very large forums (we're talking about 55,000+ members), it simply doesn't make sense.

For a web site where your forum is the main attraction, a bb system like Joomlaboard just doesn't cut it. It's too simple and doesn't allow for modification nearly as easily as vBulletin.

Post edited by: JDuc, at: 2007/02/23 19:40

Post edited by: JDuc, at: 2007/02/23 19:40

Jan

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn