CB 1.3 and AEC

13 years 3 months ago #147709 by jstec
Replied by jstec on topic Re:CB 1.3 and AEC
Ok, I was going to buy CBSubs just now since that may be my simplest solution, but when I went to do so it reminded me of why I bought AEC in the first place -- prerequisites. CBSubs has a lot more hoops to jump through to get it installed than AEC. I'm good with most of the prerequisites, but a couple require some investigation. I will need to install the ioncube loader, but that doesn't look like a big deal. The one that could be a show-stopper is OpenSSL.

My hosting company doesn't have any mention of OpenSSL on their support FAQs, so I called them and got a generic "we don't support that" brush-off. I pressed a little more to see if it was something I could install myself for my own site, and they weren't sure. They said if I sent them the requirements they would look into it.

I looked on the openssl.org web site to see if I could find the requirements or if it is even something I can install myself, but that site is more code development oriented than web site implementer oriented. The bottom line is that i didn't see anything that helps me, and I'm still confused about whather or not I can use CBSubs because of the OpenSSL requirement.

Is there an easier way to find out if OpenSSL is installed (maybe it is and the support tech just doesn't know)? And if it isn't, can you give me any advice as to what my options are?

Thanks,

Jeff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #147717 by jstec
Replied by jstec on topic Re:CB 1.3 and AEC
Oh yes, one other thing, Nick. The "disclaimer" that I posted is in the README-UPGRADE file that is in the CB 1.3 download. So no URL, just look in the file after the download is unzipped.

13 years 3 months ago #147743 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB 1.3 and CBSubs
OpenSSL is not needed for all gateways, e.g. not needed for Paypal. You won't need OpenSSL more than with any other payment solution. Just that we tell that you might need it for some of the gateways, e.g. for authorize.net AIM (same as any other payment solution). Or if you want to take extra security measures with Paypal (that are not required), and that no other payment solution than CBSubs provides.

We might want to clarify that prerequisite in the list.

In all cases you have 30-days refund policy for first purchases, so no risk to check it out.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2010/12/04 00:24

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 2 months ago #150427 by jstec
Replied by jstec on topic Re:CB 1.3 and CBSubs
Just to post a quick follow-up, I bought CBSubs and the installation was much easier than I was worried it might be. Installing the ioncube loader was easy, and my host met the rest of the pre-requisites.

Getting CBSubs configured and my plans defined has been pretty straightforward, too. I have a question now and again, but nothing major and overall things have been going pretty well. I hope to bring my site live this week.

Thanks again for all the support!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

13 years 2 months ago #150434 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB 1.3 and CBSubs

jstec wrote: Just to post a quick follow-up, I bought CBSubs and the installation was much easier than I was worried it might be. Installing the ioncube loader was easy, and my host met the rest of the pre-requisites.

Getting CBSubs configured and my plans defined has been pretty straightforward, too. I have a question now and again, but nothing major and overall things have been going pretty well. I hope to bring my site live this week.

Thanks again for all the support!

Great to hear - wishing you great success!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.595 seconds