Can't edit or change user from backend

12 years 9 months ago #171050 by troykristoffer
Can't edit or change user from backend was created by troykristoffer
Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.4

I am unable to edit any user profile via the CB User manager in the back end. Whenever I click on a name, or checkbox and then click "Edit" nothing happens at all. No errors, no refresh. Also - None of the buttons (New, Edit, Delete, etc) are not functional either.

This worked before. I have manually added and edited profiles before. Unfortunately, because we rarely edit profiles manually, I have no idea when this problem manifested. I have not made any major changes or installations in months.

The only thing that could have happened without my knowledge is a Joomla upgrade, as our host automatically upgrades Joomla when new versions are released. As far as I can tell, this happened last on around April 4 2011 - which is probably right after the last time I used the CB User Manager successfully.

Also, and this may not be related, the list I originally created on the front end, which is supposed list all users, does not seem to be accepting newly registered users. There are 11 users in the CB User manager in the back end. There are only 4 users on the list on the front end. I will troubleshoot this later if it's unrelated.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to provide administrator access to the website due to company policy but I will be happy to provide any information you require to help me troubleshoot.

Thanks!
Troy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194460 by troykristoffer
Replied by troykristoffer on topic Re: Can't edit or change user from backend
7 months later, I am still having this issue. If I can't get a solution soon, I'm going to have to ditch CB for another product. This has happened on multiple sites now.

I just upgraded to CB 1.8 to see if it would fix the problem and it did not. I am now using Joomla 1.5.25. I have uninstalled all unnecessary extensions.

The only other information I have to troubleshoot this so far is that when I try to click on an account in CM User Manager, the following error fires off in the Javascript Console of Firebug:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'nodeName' of null
cbParentFormcb12.min.js:1
cbListItemTaskcb12.min.js:1
(anonymous function)/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showusers:1731
onclick

12 years 1 month ago #194496 by nant
If you can replicate this issue on a clean Joomla 1.5.25/CB 1.8 website without anything else installed, then I will escalate this internally.

However, I cannot replicate the issue you are seeing so it must be something else in your environment that is causing this.

Something you installed before April (as you posted). CB has no time bombs.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn