required e-mail-adress, two other questions

12 years 6 months ago #180155 by r_kost
Hello
I have three problems with the Community-Builder-Tool:

1. When I'm creating a "new user" in CB-Usermanagement, a valid e-mail-adress is required. The problem is now, that in almost 50% of my entries, the check is taking a bit too much time, so the e-mail-adress will be not accepted. Message: "This adress receives no messages". This happens very often, also when I know, that the adress is working.

2. If I'm searching my own CB-profile, my name will be shown in a list (name, surname, adress). That's ok so far. But then, I have to click on the "adress"-link to see my profile-site. Because when I'm clicking on "name" or "surname", not the profile-site appears, but the hole memberlist appears again...

3. Is it possible for me as administrator to hide the "message" button on the profile-sites?

Thank you for your help.
Kind regards,
Raphael

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #180157 by nant

r_kost wrote: Hello
I have three problems with the Community-Builder-Tool:

1. When I'm creating a "new user" in CB-Usermanagement, a valid e-mail-adress is required. The problem is now, that in almost 50% of my entries, the check is taking a bit too much time, so the e-mail-adress will be not accepted. Message: "This adress receives no messages". This happens very often, also when I know, that the adress is working.

This is really a warning that the CB code could not validate the email addresses internally but you should be able to save the users just fine. Can't you?

2. If I'm searching my own CB-profile, my name will be shown in a list (name, surname, adress). That's ok so far. But then, I have to click on the "adress"-link to see my profile-site. Because when I'm clicking on "name" or "surname", not the profile-site appears, but the hole memberlist appears again...

Sounds like you did not follow instructions (see included installation guide and read me files) and create the Public mandatory menu item. Please make sure you have one created. If you have then please post URL and test username so this can be seen online.

3. Is it possible for me as administrator to hide the "message" button on the profile-sites?

If the email handling is set to not display emails (CB Configuration, General Tab) and no PMS integration is present, then the Message menu will be automatically suppressed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn