updating field value on page visit.

12 years 4 months ago #187058 by gamecat2300
updating field value on page visit. was created by gamecat2300
Hello,

I'm finally diving into community builder and would love any advice. We have a registration process and need to update a community builder member to be Paid upon success of their payment. I haven't seen a way to update a field value via a URL so I thought it best to update a field value on a page visit. I have been tinkering around with trying out the API but I think I am in over my head. Does anyone have any examples or a link to the most basic of the API tutorials, perhaps a better solution that I haven't thought of?

=-s-=

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #187065 by nant

12 years 4 months ago #187066 by gamecat2300
Replied by gamecat2300 on topic Re: updating field value on page visit.
Hi,

Thank you! I do see this, however the needs for this are so basic that the slim price for a subscription is a bit too rich for our needs. Really all we need to do is pass one custom field update to CB from either a page visit or a URL. If I had an extra 98 I would so do this regardless.

=-s-=

12 years 4 months ago #187074 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: updating field value on page visit.

gamecat2300 wrote: Hi,

Thank you! I do see this, however the needs for this are so basic that the slim price for a subscription is a bit too rich for our needs. Really all we need to do is pass one custom field update to CB from either a page visit or a URL. If I had an extra 98 I would so do this regardless.

=-s-=

Not that basic really.
If you can execute an sql statement from your custom script you can do this directly in database.

See CB API in free download area for database schema.

If you have no such skills you will most likely spend more to get someone to do it for you.

12 years 4 months ago #187225 by gamecat2300
Replied by gamecat2300 on topic Re: updating field value on page visit.
Thank you, regardless. Yes I now see what a pain this is. Do you know anyone that can get this done for 75 dollars US?

12 years 4 months ago #187263 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn