email field display in registration

12 years 3 months ago #189414 by spitj167
email field display in registration was created by spitj167
first and foremost thanks for this free product. i got a weird issue that's driving me nuts and can't seem to find a similar issue browsing through the forum.

basically ( as you can see from the attached image ), the email input field in the registration form is not displaying correctly (penultimate field - just before confirm email) - it simply displays it as a small input box at the far right.

has anyone got any clue? I ran out of ideas - and if it is somehow template related - why does it do it only on the email field??

otherwise, everything works brilliantly - including integration with other components such as AEC & Docman

Thanks in advance
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189441 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: email field display in registration
Welcome to our forums!

Glad you like CB - perhaps an honest review on the JED (as we have been getting really nasty / unfair ones lately)?

You can test if its template related by switching to default Joomla template and testing.

Then you can use firebug to inspect the css in both cases and see what the issue is.

12 years 3 months ago #189475 by spitj167
Replied by spitj167 on topic Re: email field display in registration
thanks for the firebug tip. it seems to be somehow template related - on another template it works fine.

now when i was debugging i found out that the template somehow does not like the class "email required inputbox" and if i changed that to "required inputbox" it displayed just fine.

However i just cannot for the life of me, find which file i can edit to change the above..

i have used grep to search for email required inputbox but i just cannot seem to find it. my hunch is somewhere under admin/components/comprofiler but i just can't nail it down.

Any ideas?

rest assured, i'll happily review cb on JED if i manage to sort this out

Many thanks

12 years 3 months ago #189485 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: email field display in registration

spitj167 wrote: thanks for the firebug tip. it seems to be somehow template related - on another template it works fine.

now when i was debugging i found out that the template somehow does not like the class "email required inputbox" and if i changed that to "required inputbox" it displayed just fine.

However i just cannot for the life of me, find which file i can edit to change the above..

i have used grep to search for email required inputbox but i just cannot seem to find it. my hunch is somewhere under admin/components/comprofiler but i just can't nail it down.

Any ideas?

rest assured, i'll happily review cb on JED if i manage to sort this out

Many thanks

I am not really a css guy. You should not alter the code of an extension just because your template has issues.

You should contact your template provider to assist you with this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn