User Profile link doesn't work

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190653 by burnman2000
User Profile link doesn't work was created by burnman2000
The link to go to "user profile" is broken for me and doesn't work.
When I try and go to my profile I get this error:

The requested URL /demo/&Itemid= was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

From what I see there isn't any ID for the item, so it can't find it. How and where do I go to fix this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192079 by rspack
Replied by rspack on topic Re: User Profile link doesn't work
I would need more info to help, but I am willing to take a stab at it with what you have posted.

As you did not specify if you had Joomla SEF enabled, I am making the assupmtion you have it enabled.
You also did not say where the link you referred to is located? So lets make another assumption it is the one on the User menu. Open the User Menu => User Profile (or whatever you labeled it) link and then check to make sure the link for this menu item points to the following:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler

If that is correct the link should work and direct the user to their profile page.

If it is not the link above, click on the Select button beside the Menu Item Type and select the "User Profile (mandatory!) option. This will set the proper link for this menu item.

It should function correctly after setting it up as stated above.

12 years 2 months ago #192164 by burnman2000
Replied by burnman2000 on topic Re: User Profile link doesn't work
HI there, thanks for the response.

My SEF is turned off, I found that this could have been the problem but seeing this site is in the development stage, I didn't activate it yet. So this isn't the cause.

Also when I do check the link, it is correct. index.php?option=com_comprofiler

But this is where the problem occurs.
Soon as I create the "User Profile (mandatory!)" link in any of my menu's, the link breaks.
Meaning, when I click on it, it brings me to this:

Not Found
The requested URL /demo/&Itemid= was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

As you can see the link is not going to the right place and is actually missing part of the link. When I hover over the link in my menu, I do see it appear in my browser of where it should go, but it's completely broken when I click on it.

But I do have to also mention that when I remove or unpublished the link, all seem fine. But when I try and click on my profile in the site, it just keeps me on the members area page where all the users are located.

I should also mention that I'm using OSE Membership Management System, which is suppose to work in conjunction with Community Builder. I'm not sure if this is conflicting. I installed OSE first then Community Builder.

I haven't had time to do test on this with another site I was going to use it on, but I figured I'd ask someone here first to see if it could be resolved. Cause if it works I'll would buy it. But right now I might remove it all together. Sorry.

12 years 2 months ago #192170 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User Profile link doesn't work

burnman2000 wrote: The requested URL /demo/&Itemid= was not found on this server.

The formating of the URL shows that you are using SEF of some kind.

Make sure that SEF and prefixing is off - cannot tell you how since you have not shared any version numbers.

12 years 2 months ago #192176 by burnman2000
Replied by burnman2000 on topic Re: User Profile link doesn't work
Hi there!

So what I did was, I installed it on one of my current sites I have and it works fine, even with SEF turned on with the rest off. So what I plan on doing is uninstalling both Community Builder and OSE on the site I'm having issues with and try and do the install a different way to see where the conflict lies.

I'm using the latest version of Joomla 1.5.25 and OSE Membership 5.3.2 and 1.7.1 version of Community Builder. I know there is a recent update, but I really don't think updating at this moment will fix anything. But I'm glad to see there is a version for Joomla 2.5.1, cause I plan on migrating to this version.

Is there anything I should be aware of or known issues when installing OSE with Community Builder? If so, I'll have to contact them to see if they can help as well.

BTW, please don't take what I said about removing the component as an insult. I truly like this add-on and I know people like yourself and other companies who build apps for joomla do a great job. It's just that I've been working with joomla for a couple of years now and I've run into situation where I either get no support, poor documentation or none at all, or major conflicts that can't be fixed without spending money on a programmer to fix it.

So I use this opportunity to not only help myself but also others who may have these issue and perhaps find a way to fix them. With your help or course. :)

So with that said, I'll continue to see if I can find a way to make the profile link work. I know there is a conflict somewhere, just need to figure it out.

Thanks!

12 years 2 months ago #192243 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User Profile link doesn't work

burnman2000 wrote: Hi there!

So what I did was, I installed it on one of my current sites I have and it works fine, even with SEF turned on with the rest off. So what I plan on doing is uninstalling both Community Builder and OSE on the site I'm having issues with and try and do the install a different way to see where the conflict lies.

Nice - means that CB does not have issues and that something else is causing this.

I'm using the latest version of Joomla 1.5.25 and OSE Membership 5.3.2 and 1.7.1 version of Community Builder. I know there is a recent update, but I really don't think updating at this moment will fix anything. But I'm glad to see there is a version for Joomla 2.5.1, cause I plan on migrating to this version.

Well CB 1.8 does address many issues found in CB 1.7.1 - you can see release announcement and see changelog in discussion.

Is there anything I should be aware of or known issues when installing OSE with Community Builder? If so, I'll have to contact them to see if they can help as well.

I am not aware of any issues, but you should really contact them. Since its a commercial product you do get support?

BTW, please don't take what I said about removing the component as an insult. I truly like this add-on and I know people like yourself and other companies who build apps for joomla do a great job. It's just that I've been working with joomla for a couple of years now and I've run into situation where I either get no support, poor documentation or none at all, or major conflicts that can't be fixed without spending money on a programmer to fix it.

Well we have paid membership plans that give you better support ...
Fixing other peoples code is not something that is offered.

So I use this opportunity to not only help myself but also others who may have these issue and perhaps find a way to fix them. With your help or course. :)

So with that said, I'll continue to see if I can find a way to make the profile link work. I know there is a conflict somewhere, just need to figure it out.

Thanks!

Good luck.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.749 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn