[#3315] SQL Error when submitting forgot username and pass

12 years 2 months ago #193284 by vptechnology
Kyle, are you sure? (re: nothing to do with CB). I know it's a somewhat silly question asking you guys :) but... I have 3 environments all running the same stuff. On 2, I just upgraded to CB 1.8 and they now throw the error. The 3rd has older CB. Older version still works fine, allowing SA to reset password. The new ones don't. Here's what seems to have changed in your comprofiler::sendNewPass() function:

used to be (around line #1849):

$sql = "UPDATE #__users SET password = " . $_CB_database->Quote( $newpass ) . " WHERE id = " . (int) $user_id;

Now it is:

if ( ! $user->storePassword() ) {

which ultimately calls Juser:store(), which then in turn fails due to SA check. I agree that CB should behave just like Joomla so I am all for closing the loopholes. That's why I asked if you intentionally plugged that hole but seems like it was just a by-product of changes in 1.8. That's fine too.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #217604 by bickster
Having same issue ... what is the solution?

CB 1.8.1
Joomla 2.5.6

Thanks Bic

11 years 4 months ago #217605 by bickster
Having same issue ... what is the solution?

CB 1.8.1
Joomla 2.5.6

Thanks Bic

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #238103 by beyondthenet
Replied by beyondthenet on topic Error when submitting forgot username and pass
I have the same issue. The front-end password reset does not work. I've tried several times.

I just updated all the software: Joomla 3.2 and CB 1.91

You can test yourself at colostrumtherapy.com/registration.html

After you verify your registration, you will find that the password reset does not work: colostrumtherapy.com/registration/lostpassword.html

I installed the plugin "Core Login Redirect" and that did not help.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn