Register new user as Author

12 years 1 month ago #194341 by fmfjerry
Register new user as Author was created by fmfjerry
I need an option that makes a newly registered user an Author. Right now I have to manually set all newly registered users to the Author access level. How do I edit the core files or change something in the configuration to get this to work? Thanks in advance. If there is a work around, I am open to that as well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194458 by bk6366
Replied by bk6366 on topic Re: Register new user as Author
Welcome -
First off, if you haven't tried searching for adding users to groups, you'll find a lot of info on the topic.

While CB is free, there are benefits to membership - such as the Auto Action plugin that will allow you to do what you're wanting. A short tutorial is here .

Also, posting your CB and Joomla version is helpful when looking for solutions :)
Good luck

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.

12 years 1 month ago #194495 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Register new user as Author

fmfjerry wrote: I need an option that makes a newly registered user an Author. Right now I have to manually set all newly registered users to the Author access level. How do I edit the core files or change something in the configuration to get this to work? Thanks in advance. If there is a work around, I am open to that as well.

I believe that Joomla has a setting to set the default group new users are assigned to - CB honors this setting.

There are also solutions using the CB Auto Actions plugin available to Professional and Developer members.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn