Tabs not showing after migration

12 years 2 weeks ago #197220 by MetaMorph
Tabs not showing after migration was created by MetaMorph
I'm migrating my Joomla installation from version 1.5.26 to the latest 2.5.4 using JUpgrade.

All Community Builder (version 1.7) data and settings have been correctly migrated, but in the profile page all the CB "native" tabs and the private messaging tab are not visible, even if they are set to be published and with public access level. The "external" tabs, such as Kunena Forum, Eventlist Show Events and "Delete me" (!) are visible even to non-logged in users instead.

I can see only one of CB tabs above if I login in frontend (in the old site all the tabs were visible if filled with any information, without need to login), and all the tabs appear in "edit mode" only.

I also tried to upgrade CB to version 1.8 after the migration, but nothing happened...

Is there anything that I have to set after the migration, that hasn't been correctly imported by JUpgrade?

Thanks in advance for answering...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 weeks ago #197262 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Tabs not showing after migration
You need to upgrade to CB 1.8 first ad CB 1.7 is NOT compatible with Joomla 2.5.

12 years 2 weeks ago #197297 by MetaMorph
Replied by MetaMorph on topic Re: Tabs not showing after migration
I tried this: first, I upgraded CB on the current production site and performed all the database checks. Everything OK, except for these two issues:

CB plugin "CB Eventlist Show Events": no database o no database description.
CB plugin "CBreCaptcha": CBreCaptcha has no readable xml file /home/davide/public_html/joomlatest/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbrecaptcha/cbrecaptcha.xml

Anyway, everything seems working, including the CB Eventlist Show Events (it's the tab labeled "Eventi Free-n-Joy"). You can see it on your own: dementialsite.altervista.org/community.

Then I backed the site with Akeeba Backup and restored it on my laptop. I installed JUpgrade on the local site and restarted the migration from scratch.

I had to reinstall UddeIM PMS, otherwise I couldn't access neither the frontend nor the backend of CB. Reinstalled it, performed the DB checks again and had the same issues above.

All this work done (and another 7-days work thrown away...), but the problem persists like described in the previous post.

I also tried to reinstall over CB in the new site: during the "first step" of installation I noticed this error:

Failed to remove comprofiler.xml

Reinstalling the component has just fixed some broken menus in the backend, but didn't solve the problem.

As suggested on your README file, all the other plugins and extensions have been upgraded or replaced with something 2.5-compatible.

So there is something wrong in the migration procedure... what's that?

12 years 1 week ago #197700 by MetaMorph
Replied by MetaMorph on topic Re: Tabs not showing after migration
I tried in another way, but without success... I wouldn't be in the condition to suppress at all Community Builder from my new site, since the migration fails. Here's what I've done:

1) I uninstalled CB 1.8 and all related Joomla modules from the old Joomla 1.5 site (on my local server, of course). After the removal, all the CB data were still in the database.

2) I migrated the site to Joomla 2.5.4 using JUpgrade: the new site hasn't any imported any CB data, of course.

3) I re-installed CB 1.8 and the CB Login Module and published the login module.

4) I reinstalled the following plugins, unfortunately I discover that they're not all so recent:
- Italian Language, from www.joomla.it/download-della-community/item/192-community-builder-14-traduzione-in-italiano.html (page in Italian only, click on the link "italian_cb14_utf8.zip" to download)
- CB Eventlist Show Events, from www.benjamin-agullana.fr/joomla/mes-plugins-cb/joomla-1-5-plug-in-community-builder-cbeventlist-showevents.html (page in French only)
- Uddeim PMS, bundled with the Uddeim component from extensions.joomla.org/extensions/communication/pms/3206
- DT Delete Me, from www.dthdevelopment.com/plugins/community-builder-plugins.html

5) After that, I verified in my database that the plugin IDs (table j25_comprofiler_plugins, field id) were the same as they were in the old installation (table jos_comprofiler_plugins), and in case fixed them

6) I migrated manually the contents of the database, using these queries (the j25_* tables are for the new installation, the jos_* ones for the old installation):
TRUNCATE j25_comprofiler_userreports;
  TRUNCATE j25_comprofiler_views;
  TRUNCATE j25_comprofiler_lists;
  TRUNCATE j25_comprofiler_members;
  DROP TABLE j25_comprofiler;
  TRUNCATE j25_comprofiler_field_values;
  TRUNCATE j25_comprofiler_fields;
  TRUNCATE j25_comprofiler_tabs;
  INSERT INTO j25_comprofiler_tabs SELECT * FROM jos_comprofiler_tabs;
  INSERT INTO j25_comprofiler_fields SELECT * FROM jos_comprofiler_fields;
  INSERT INTO j25_comprofiler_field_values SELECT * FROM jos_comprofiler_field_values;
  CREATE TABLE j25_comprofiler SELECT * FROM jos_comprofiler;
  INSERT INTO j25_comprofiler_members SELECT * FROM jos_comprofiler_members;
  INSERT INTO j25_comprofiler_lists SELECT * FROM jos_comprofiler_lists;
  INSERT INTO j25_comprofiler_views SELECT * FROM jos_comprofiler_views;
  INSERT INTO j25_comprofiler_userreports SELECT * FROM jos_comprofiler_userreports;

7) I performed the database checks in the CB backend: it found some missing indexes (probably because I dropped and re-created a table, to import all the fields). However, the restoration of them succeeded.

8) I re-enabled the new plugins, verified the configuration and found in the front-end something very weird: no matter which profile I visit in the user list, the information shown is always related to my profile, when I'm logged in. When not, the profiles show no information at all (even if it's all set to show data in public), and also tabs very "personal" such as "Delete me" are shown.

Again, thanks in advance if you could answer...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn