Other sorting method?

12 years 1 week ago #199825 by psycl1
Replied by psycl1 on topic Re: Other sorting method?
I have thought about many things. The easiest way would be to sort it like explained above. But yeah, I dont really know much about Web Design, since I am only a Graphic Designer.

Isn't it possible to display more than one user list on one page? So I could make more lists. One only for Leader, one for Co Leader etc.?

And is it possible to sort it the right way like I want it, when I use images? Does CB sort it from the filename? That would be great!

Thanks and Greets

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 week ago #199826 by billraydrums
Replied by billraydrums on topic Re: Other sorting method?
Thanks for the info Pepperstreet! I had to hack the CB file because my client wanted to have the table headers change the sorting of members on the fly. Perhaps this is a feature that you should think about incorporating into the next release of CB.

12 years 1 week ago #199827 by billraydrums
Replied by billraydrums on topic Re: Other sorting method?
When you create more than one user list a dropdown will appear that allows people to choose the list they are seeking.

12 years 1 week ago #199828 by psycl1
Replied by psycl1 on topic Re: Other sorting method?

billraydrums wrote: When you create more than one user list a dropdown will appear that allows people to choose the list they are seeking.

Yeah I already know that but that isn't what I want and need. Because everything must be viewable at once.

Is it possible to sort the images I would use for displaying ranks by the filename?

12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #199830 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Other sorting method?

psycl1 wrote: Because everything must be viewable at once.

In general, the userlist is a component view. That means you get only this single display in your joomla main content area. There are extensions and possible work-arounds to overcome this "limitation"... but to be honest, that might be too much hassle for you and your particular task?! Maybe a deeper and longer knowledge of Joomla is nessecary to understand the dependencies here... hard to explain in english and in short (at this hour ;-) ).

In short, you can open the main component as a seperate content... in the past it was via "INDEX2.php" ... now, you should append "&tmpl=component" to your list URL. You can try this in your browser to see the effect. So, you could load different URLs in different IFRAMES or even within MODULES: I remember there was a commercial extension for loading multiple components! This lets you call multiple list-URLs in different module positions. The rest depends on your template or wanted layout...

12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #199831 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Other sorting method?

psycl1 wrote: Is it possible to sort the images I would use for displaying ranks by the filename?

I assume your "rank" is a single select?! As I mentioned in my other post, just sort the list from A-Z by the values. With a little adjustment in the terms for "leader" and "Co" it should do the job.

Using images is a bit tricky and advanced, but one of the cool things in CB. But you will have to find and study the forum and Kyles aka "krileon" posts about "substitution". Substitution is a placeholder "language", that can load and display CB fields, tabs. It also supports simple IF statements. In other words... you will have to create a new field of type "delimiter"... this field type can hold Text, formated HTML and those CB-Substitutions! You will need some IF clauses that asks for the rank field value, and than you output a simple HTML IMG tag.
(sorry for the techie-chinese)

Here is a similar topic that might help .

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn