Can't see anything on front page - CB 1.81, Joomla

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #203744 by jabrister
Can't see anything but the header and the word "HOME" on the front page - CB 1.81, Joomla 2.5.6 (www.referencesrus.com/)

I have installed CB 1.81 and everything in the "Professional Member Download Area" and the "My Community" template. I didn't install the sample user data with the Joomla instalation. Don't think this should matter. I want to make my site pretty much similar to the "My Community" demo site. I cannot find anything specific on youtube to help me achieve my goal. Please guide me in the right direction. A how-to list would be the best.

Also important, I don't know how to setup the addons. I haven't found any tutorials on the setup and configuration. Please point me to it or let me know here.

Thank you...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #203746 by jabrister
I published the CB Login module in the module manager. Cool, now I see it. Do I have to publish all of the other add-ons to desired locations to begin integrating them in with my users profiles? (i.e. how do I make it look like the "My Community" demo site?)

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #203768 by nant
suggest you download the documentation also *Advanced area" and study it.

You need to create a menu item to CB (see detailed documentation or at least cb181 install doc).

P.S. Please post your issues in the Professional Support area.

11 years 9 months ago #203794 by jabrister
Thank you for the reply. Where do I find the link to the advanced forum.

I wish it were that easy. I followed the the CB 1.81 installation instructions to the tee. I couldn't understand how to turn off the Joomla registration and only have the CB registration turned on (but believe me I tried to decipher the instructions for hours). In the "warning warning warning" section of the instructions, since I loaded Joomla without the sample data (was that a mistake btw), I didn't have a menu to nest the "CB mandatory" menu link into; so, I don't know if I did that part correctly? Not sure how to tell if I did that part correctly either... but, it sounds like you don't think I did that part correctly? I do have a login visible on the front page (were you able to visit the site?). It only works for the admin login though. As I registered through it with a non admin entry, when I log in with it, I am brought to a screen that says I'm logged in but not allowed to view this private section of the site. So it does sound to me like I may not have the Joomla native registration turned off. If this is the case, please clear up the part in the instructions to let me know exactly (an easy step by step would be nice) how to turn on CB registration & turn off Joomla's. Also, please do the same and tell me exactly how to install that initial "mandatory menu" (again, an easy step by step would be nice).

On reading the welcome email for the "Community Pro" template, I will down load the documentation and go from there. Still not sure how to load up the other plugins and/or make them work. Is there documentation for each that I'm missing (if so please point out where to go for that).

...thank so much for the superior product and superior support...

11 years 9 months ago #203798 by nant

jabrister wrote: Thank you for the reply. Where do I find the link to the advanced forum.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support

I wish it were that easy. I followed the the CB 1.81 installation instructions to the tee. I couldn't understand how to turn off the Joomla registration and only have the CB registration turned on (but believe me I tried to decipher the instructions for hours). In the "warning warning warning" section of the instructions, since I loaded Joomla without the sample data (was that a mistake btw), I didn't have a menu to nest the "CB mandatory" menu link into; so, I don't know if I did that part correctly? Not sure how to tell if I did that part correctly either... but, it sounds like you don't think I did that part correctly? I do have a login visible on the front page (were you able to visit the site?). It only works for the admin login though. As I registered through it with a non admin entry, when I log in with it, I am brought to a screen that says I'm logged in but not allowed to view this private section of the site. So it does sound to me like I may not have the Joomla native registration turned off. If this is the case, please clear up the part in the instructions to let me know exactly (an easy step by step would be nice) how to turn on CB registration & turn off Joomla's. Also, please do the same and tell me exactly how to install that initial "mandatory menu" (again, an easy step by step would be nice).

On reading the welcome email for the "Community Pro" template, I will down load the documentation and go from there. Still not sure how to load up the other plugins and/or make them work. Is there documentation for each that I'm missing (if so please point out where to go for that).

...thank so much for the superior product and superior support...

Will see you on the pro forums

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn