This user has not yet confirmed his email address

11 years 8 months ago #208654 by hetul
Hello,

Our Setup:

Joomla! Version: 1.5.25 Stable
CB: 1.8.1

We recently upgraded CB to the 1.8.1 version. and in Registration Confirmation we have;

Require Admin Approval : NO
Require Email Confirmation : NO

Important! - we are using Google Apps login and do not require users to Register on the Joomla site. They simply come and use their email/passwords for getting access.

Recently, we have started noticing that new users do not Get AUTO APPROVED. please note that we this is not a new installation and all the users who tried to login for the 1st time were being auto approved by default...

its only after the recent update to the latest version this seems to have broken.

Can anyone help me with this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #208655 by hetul
Also, since 1st time users are not being recognized using the CB Login module, we have to use the default login module....

CB Login module works fine for all the users that are already created after their initial login.

11 years 8 months ago #208659 by nant
I must assume that these users are somehow using the Joomla registration form to join your site.

Please read the installation guide that comes with CB 181 and follow instructions to disable joomla registrations.

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #208677 by hetul
Hi, our current Joomla setup has the user registration disabled... below are the settings:

User Settings:
Allow User Registration - No
New User Account Activation - No

We are using the gMail Authentication Plugin that comes default with Joomla. So the new user simply logs in and a user is created. We had to update this plugin to add the Google Apps Domain Name and it seems the CB Login module doesnt seem to like this... So we have to use the default login module.

BUT in the same setup, we had everything working fine with community builder... so its strange... not sure how do we start troubleshooting this...

Is there any way to force auto activation in CB?

11 years 8 months ago #208682 by nant

hetul wrote: Hi, our current Joomla setup has the user registration disabled... below are the settings:

User Settings:
Allow User Registration - No
New User Account Activation - No

We are using the gMail Authentication Plugin that comes default with Joomla. So the new user simply logs in and a user is created. We had to update this plugin to add the Google Apps Domain Name and it seems the CB Login module doesnt seem to like this... So we have to use the default login module.

Thanks for sharing the fact that you are using the gmail authentication plugin.

In order for this to work with CB you need also to configure:

CB Configuration -> General tab -> Login field type -> Username, email or enabled CMS authentication plugins

Have you done this?

Sorry not much more I can offer on the free support forums.

BUT in the same setup, we had everything working fine with community builder... so its strange... not sure how do we start troubleshooting this...

Is there any way to force auto activation in CB?[/quote]

11 years 8 months ago #208685 by hetul
Thanks for replying!

Ok, we have configured the CB Login Field Type as you have suggested and the CB login field now seems to work...even with 1st time users on our Google Apps Domain.

However, when the user tries to update the profile... they still get:
This user has not yet confirmed his email address and account!
This user has not yet been approved by a moderator!

I understand if you are not able to provide any more free support... I am willing to pay if the need be...

Thank you again.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn