Error installing

11 years 8 months ago #209320 by valdugauk
Error installing was created by valdugauk
Hi having some troubles and looking for where to start.

Recently downloaded the .zip folder for the Community Builder. Un Zipped the content folders and tried to upload the advised first file comprofiler.zip.

Got an error message and checked my php.ini file, could not find this and got my hosts webhosting UK to install the file and set the value to 16M as per the installation guide.

Tried again without success just get a message saying error in uploading the file :angry:

Any clues, anybody. site is www.valduga.co.uk

Thanks
Russell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #209381 by valdugauk
Replied by valdugauk on topic Re: Error installing
Thanks for that Nant

I have checked my php.ini file in my sites root. All the settings there are correct, but the info does not match with my joomla back end info.

The only bit I can guess at is that the "Loaded Configuration File" is pointing to /usr/local/lib/php.ini which does not sound like my site root??

11 years 8 months ago #209385 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Error installing

valdugauk wrote: Thanks for that Nant

I have checked my php.ini file in my sites root. All the settings there are correct, but the info does not match with my joomla back end info.

The only bit I can guess at is that the "Loaded Configuration File" is pointing to <span>/</span>usr<span>/</span>local/lib/php.ini which does not sound like my site root??

That's why I posted the tutorial link.

Just because there is a php.ini file somewhere on your site filesystem doesn't meant that its being picked up by Joomla.

Suggest you ask your host for support.

11 years 8 months ago #209396 by valdugauk
Replied by valdugauk on topic Re: Error installing
Great thanks for the help guess I will carry on looking for the solution I need as it clearly is not CB!

Have contacted my host provider they set up the php.ini file. Really I appreciate that you must get dumb people like me all the time asking the same inane questions and I get it it must frustrate the hell out of you. But if you cannot even find simple solutions that are widely and instantly doable by the masses (who from the looks of it all have the same issue as me) then how do you possibly expect someone to pay for your services. Your installation guide said to set the php.ini file to 16M, which I did. Fair play Joomla has not picked this up.

Suggest you add the extra line into your guide to check things and if the 2 sets of info do not match then offer some practical advice. Even if it is just contact your host and maybe an explaination of why joomla might not pick up the file.

My thought was to quickly use the free service, see if it is right for me then upgrade but if your support cannot even support without falling to sarcastic frustration then really.

At least I don't have to uninstall the programme! :woohoo:

11 years 8 months ago #209427 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Error installing

valdugauk wrote: Great thanks for the help guess I will carry on looking for the solution I need as it clearly is not CB!

Have contacted my host provider they set up the php.ini file. Really I appreciate that you must get dumb people like me all the time asking the same inane questions and I get it it must frustrate the hell out of you. But if you cannot even find simple solutions that are widely and instantly doable by the masses (who from the looks of it all have the same issue as me) then how do you possibly expect someone to pay for your services. Your installation guide said to set the php.ini file to 16M, which I did. Fair play Joomla has not picked this up.

Suggest you add the extra line into your guide to check things and if the 2 sets of info do not match then offer some practical advice. Even if it is just contact your host and maybe an explaination of why joomla might not pick up the file.

My thought was to quickly use the free service, see if it is right for me then upgrade but if your support cannot even support without falling to sarcastic frustration then really.

At least I don't have to uninstall the programme! :woohoo:

Did not intend to be sarcastic - if you felt in any way victimized I apologize.

Looking at the installation guide I do see one reference made to php.ini here:

WARNING: The com_comprofiler.zip package is over 2M in size. If when trying to install you get a Joomla message: "There was an error uploading this file to the server.", then check that your PHP upload_max_filesize is at least 4M (recommended 16M) in your php.ini file.

This will be corrected in next version - thanks for feedback here.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn