CB + Social fields...

11 years 7 months ago #210316 by kindred
CB + Social fields... was created by kindred
Ok, So I am supporting a website which has a professional subscription, although my own personal account does not.
We have community builder installed, and groupJive and CB connect installed as plugins (amongst others)

In the CB profile are fields listed as fb_userid, twitter_userid, google_userid, linkedin_userid and windowslive_userid

(I assume that these are related to the CB Connect plugin.)

If I add a value to the field in the joomla/CB admin, then that field can be displayed on the user's CB profile in the front-end.
However, I can't seem to find any way to allow the USER to set these fields or to connect the existing Joomla Account to one (or more) of the social accounts.
(the system DOES show the two configured social connect options (facebook and twitter) as options during login... but nowhere can I find how to associate an existing Joomla account with the social account)

I have added the social fields to a tab, called "Social Connect"
Those fields with values show up on the user's profile DISPLAY.
When I got to edit my profile on the front end, the social connect tab is empty.

I am getting very frustrated and I am sure it's because I forgot something which is not in an obvious place or setting....
What am I missing?

Anyone?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #210319 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB + Social fields...
Please login from the account with the Professional membership and post your issue on the Professional support forum.

When posting please provide version numbers of what you have installed - and make sure that what you have installed is the latest released (you would need to check the Professional download area - once logged in as a professional member to see latest available).

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #210326 by kindred
Replied by kindred on topic Re: CB + Social fields...
Unfortunately, I do not have the professional account's login details. I only support the site (pmimassbay.org), I don't pay for the stuff.... I am just trying to solve this issue

Sorry about the missing versions. I should know better.
CB 1.8.1
GroupJive 2.5.3rc1
CB Connect 3.3.7

11 years 7 months ago #210330 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB + Social fields...

kindred wrote: Unfortunately, I do not have the professional account's login details. I only support the site (pmimassbay.org), I don't pay for the stuff.... I am just trying to solve this issue

Sorry about the missing versions. I should know better.
CB 1.8.1
GroupJive 2.5.3rc1
CB Connect 3.3.7

last 2 items are out of date - you need to get the professional account,login and download updates and also post on Pro forums

Not much more I can do from here - you need to post there for support team to help you.
One of the things that Professional membership pays for is support.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn