CB Login Returns User Back To Start Screen

11 years 7 months ago #210598 by san65
Hi,

I have recently upgraded from Joomla 1.7 to Joomla 2.5.6, with CB 1.8.1. After installing the associated module of cb_login (besides the others, when any user - registered via the earlier Joomla route - attempts to log in using a valid username/password, the system simply returns back to the same start screen without the customary welcome message.

What could be the reason for this behavior? and what is the solution? I would like to inform that when the system was in Joomla 1.7 (no CB), then any attempt to log in would lead to 500 error. In other words, at any time, a user could never log into the system in the front end.

Any guidance and inputs would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211846 by san65
Hi,

Sorry to bump up this thread, but I shall very much appreciate a resolution to the problem we are facing.

Here is a description of the problem once again:

Joomla version: 2.5.7, CB version: 1.8.1

When a user tries to register on the site, they receive a message: "Please log in or register to view or modify your profile."

Ditto for when an existing user tries to log into the site.

We installed the plugin - bot_cbcoreredirect-100. In CB Tools, the user synchronize, check cb database, user fields database, plugins database and users database tests were run, which returned successful results. But the problem persists.

Any inputs on how to resolve this problem would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

11 years 7 months ago #211856 by nant

san65 wrote: Hi,

Sorry to bump up this thread, but I shall very much appreciate a resolution to the problem we are facing.

Here is a description of the problem once again:

Joomla version: 2.5.7, CB version: 1.8.1

When a user tries to register on the site, they receive a message: "Please log in or register to view or modify your profile."

Ditto for when an existing user tries to log into the site.

We installed the plugin - bot_cbcoreredirect-100. In CB Tools, the user synchronize, check cb database, user fields database, plugins database and users database tests were run, which returned successful results. But the problem persists.

Any inputs on how to resolve this problem would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Can you replicate this on a clean Joomla 2.5.7 site with CB 1.8.1?
The following user(s) said Thank You: san65

11 years 7 months ago #211866 by san65
Hello Nant,

Thank you very much for responding.

I have an exact same environment on another site - Joomla 2.5.7 + CB 1.8.1. The logging-in and out is working perfectly fine here.

Another perhaps related problem observed in this site was that every now and then, we get a "page not found" 404 error on the site, especially when any category link is clicked. This happens randomly, and when another page is clicked, normalcy is restored.

Are these two issues related to each other?

Thank you once again in advance.

11 years 7 months ago #211868 by nant

san65 wrote: Hello Nant,

Thank you very much for responding.

I have an exact same environment on another site - Joomla 2.5.7 + CB 1.8.1. The logging-in and out is working perfectly fine here.

Means there is nothing wrong with CB and something else you have perhaps installed of configured is causing you problems.

Another perhaps related problem observed in this site was that every now and then, we get a "page not found" 404 error on the site, especially when any category link is clicked. This happens randomly, and when another page is clicked, normalcy is restored.

Are these two issues related to each other?

Thank you once again in advance.

Not sure what more to tell you - you have to debug this on your own.

I would turn off SEF and turn on Joomla debugging to maximum to see what is happening.

11 years 7 months ago #211869 by san65
Hello again,

After talking to the other colleagues, here is the sequence of developments that had taken place on the problematic site:

1. The site was created with Joomla 1.7. CB was not installed.

2. A few users managed to register on the site.

3. On its own, Joomla started giving error 500 at the time of new user registration, especially when a user with a Gmail account attempted to register.

4. We installed CB, hoping that doing so will resolve the registration/log in problem. However, all it did was to replace the error 500 with the message - "Please log in or register to view or modify your profile."

5. The site was upgraded to Joomla 2.5.7 + CB 1.8.1. The problem persists.

Given this background, is there a solution to the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn