How to set a user's email notification settings?

11 years 7 months ago #211106 by citydan
I've been looking around and can't find a solution for allowing my cb members to set their email notification settings.

There are emails coming from connection requests, emails from other members emailing them through their profile, cb autowelcome, PMS message reminder and my own monthly newsletter which I'm doing through Joomlamailer/MailChimp.

The Mailchimp list I can manually unsubscribe them, or give them a link to unsubscribe themselves.

For the others? What I'm expecting is that in their member profile they would have a checkbox (like on LinkedIn and any other social network) where they can opt out of receiving updates, connection requests, invites, etc.

I tried to use CB AutoAction to set a "before you send an email" if "this field" is checked, don't send the email, but can't seem to set that up.

Is there any other way for a user to choose how often or why they receive emails (or don't) from my site?

Joomla 2.5.7
CB 1.8.1
CB Subs 2.0.2
Joomlamailer
etc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211114 by nant
No such global feature exists.

If you have configured a PM component, then users will be able to sen messages to other users.

Same if you have configured emailing in CB - users will be able to email other users.

CB Auto Actions cannot really stop this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn