Login module causes a blank page to display

11 years 7 months ago #211717 by sergioe
I am an absolute newbie to CB and Joomla.
I installed Joomla 1.5 onto my online website and on a WAMP server ver. 2.1 on my computer for a tryout purpose.
After that I installed the latest version of CB on to my both Joomla copies (online and home computer).
On my home computer everything is working fine (except for the email confirmation feature that for some reason does not send an email to the new member at all).
Online version installed apparently ok. I can start the website with the public view. But when I try to login into the CB-Login module, it redirects to a blank page. And that's the end of it. nothing else happens.
The address bar in the browser shows the following address:
http://mydomain.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers
(real domain name replaced by mydomain.com in the address above)
I tried to switch on debugging in joomla system settings. It works before I get redirected to the blank page. The blank page for some reason does not show any debugging info, therefore I cannot trace the mistake.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211728 by nant

sergioe wrote: I am an absolute newbie to CB and Joomla.
I installed Joomla 1.5 onto my online website and on a WAMP server ver. 2.1 on my computer for a tryout purpose.
After that I installed the latest version of CB on to my both Joomla copies (online and home computer).
On my home computer everything is working fine (except for the email confirmation feature that for some reason does not send an email to the new member at all).
Online version installed apparently ok. I can start the website with the public view. But when I try to login into the CB-Login module, it redirects to a blank page. And that's the end of it. nothing else happens.
The address bar in the browser shows the following address:
http://mydomain.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers
(real domain name replaced by mydomain.com in the address above)
I tried to switch on debugging in joomla system settings. It works before I get redirected to the blank page. The blank page for some reason does not show any debugging info, therefore I cannot trace the mistake.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Study our FAQ blank page debugging article.
It will help you figure out what is wrong.

11 years 7 months ago #211755 by sergioe
Thanks for advise, I already did study blank page article, it did not help.
It recommends switching on the debugging mode in Joomla. I did that. But when I get to the blank page, no error message is displayed. It just freezes blank....

11 years 7 months ago #211764 by nant

sergioe wrote: Thanks for advise, I already did study blank page article, it did not help.
It recommends switching on the debugging mode in Joomla. I did that. But when I get to the blank page, no error message is displayed. It just freezes blank....

Joomla 2.5 Global Configuration -> Server tab -> Error Reporting -> Maximum

11 years 7 months ago #211769 by sergioe
Thanks Nick, just done that - same result - blank page with no warning!!!

I suspect my provider has got very restricting settings for PHP on the server.
I'll try other providers, maybe I will have more luck with them.

Thanks for taking time to answer my post! Very much appreciated!

11 years 7 months ago #211770 by nant

sergioe wrote: Thanks Nick, just done that - same result - blank page with no warning!!!

I suspect my provider has got very restricting settings for PHP on the server.
I'll try other providers, maybe I will have more luck with them.

Thanks for taking time to answer my post! Very much appreciated!

If you set Debugging level to Developer and turn Joomla debug on - you should see lots of warnings.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.762 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn