Registration issue with new install

11 years 6 months ago #212236 by acunyc
Registration issue with new install was created by acunyc
I just installed CB on my Joomla 1.5 site and cannot get registration to work properly.

When clicking "register" I get a 403 error. I have verified that all CB menu items and modules are set to public and published. Also, I have unpublished the other login forms.

I followed all of the CB installation instructions and set the Allow User Registration setting to "yes, independently of global settings" and set the Joomla admin setting for Allow User Registration to "No".

If I change the Joomla setting to "yes", a simple registration page comes up, but I do not think it is the CB registration page. I added a Test Field under field management and it does not appear on this registration form.

I do not wish to purchase a support package yet, as I am still evaluating the product...

The login module shows up at the bottom right of this page:
findyoganow.com/index.php/FYNblog/Latest.html

Could this be a sh404sef issue? or an issue with iJoomla Ad Agency?

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #212237 by acunyc
Replied by acunyc on topic Re: Registration issue with new install
Figured it out! After 5 hours of trying everything...

It was indeed related to sh404sef. It was still redirecting to the wrong url (from before I had my settings set correctly). I deleted every place that it redirected to "create-an-account", and it works now...

11 years 6 months ago #212246 by nant

11 years 2 months ago #221417 by wrender27
Replied by wrender27 on topic Re: Registration issue with new install
Hello,

I have this same problem but I have no idea what the 404sef is lol. I install CB and followed all the instructions to the T. I have set the global config to no regs allowed and CB settings yes,independently. All the other settings are no for admin approval and email confirm in both global and CB and even with all that turned off CB registration will not work :( I have to enable global reg for registration to work at all. Any help would be great :) Also I have the default log in modules disabled and just the CB log in mod enabled. Everything else works fine unless I want to use the independent CB registration settings. Thank you !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn