About the Community advertisement on the profile.

11 years 5 months ago #214355 by theduke77
Hi CB Team,

About the community advertisement button. I had made a reply on a thread not too long ago. I would like to add a couple things.

I love CB. I'm sure I havn't discovered all that is possible at this point, but its great. As my request for the team to look into making a footer as form of advertisement, it would be great. Here is why in my opinion.

Like I said in my last post, the button takes away from the profile, as I feel. But I found a way to remove it. Everything still works. I'm not a advanced member either. But my site is not live, I'm learning this stuff.

When I decided to make my site live, I will purchase CB. Because the team deserves it. Its a great extension. Also I would like to leave your advertisement, but I would like it as a footer. I cannot leave it as a button. If the team can make the "option" to have it as a footer, I think you would gain a lot.

Again even as a paid member I would leave it there, CB deserves it.

I have another request. Not sure how hard or if this is something possible.

There are some plugins out there for country and state fields, with the flag logos.
Bruce, from joomlander.scherzinger.org has been very helpful with me about his plugin.
I wanted to created plugins for different logo packs for others, but thought of something else.

I had an idea and thought I would throw it your way (the CB team).

If it does not make sense or not possible, please tell me, I'm learning and trying to soak in as much as I can.

When creating a new field, selecting drop down, radio button, etc. The values need to be added, if you could upload an icon for each value, that would great.

The user list, allows you to have up to 4 columns, it would be great if we could add more, maybe up to 8. Just a thought.

These are thoughts and ideas I had for the CB team. Please let me know what is possible, if it already has been mentioned, or anything lol.

Thanks

Duke™

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #214383 by nant

theduke77 wrote: Hi CB Team,

About the community advertisement button. I had made a reply on a thread not too long ago. I would like to add a couple things.

Yes, I read that thread and gave a detailed reply not wishing to enter a debate but wishing to respond.

This is the thread:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/145-community-builder/207472-removingrenaming-community-builder-credit-link?limit=6&start=6#213648

wondering why you are starting a new one ...

I love CB. I'm sure I havn't discovered all that is possible at this point, but its great. As my request for the team to look into making a footer as form of advertisement, it would be great. Here is why in my opinion.

Glad (once again) that you like CB.

Like I said in my last post, the button takes away from the profile, as I feel. But I found a way to remove it. Everything still works. I'm not a advanced member either. But my site is not live, I'm learning this stuff.

I believe my comments on the previous thread have addressed your suggestion - I will not repeat them again here.

Regarding removing this frontend (advertisement to you) copyright notice (to us) please note that this is against GPL license that protects all copyright notices.

So typically you are legally breaching the license agreement and terms you accepted when you downloaded and joined this site.

When I decided to make my site live, I will purchase CB. Because the team deserves it. Its a great extension. Also I would like to leave your advertisement, but I would like it as a footer. I cannot leave it as a button. If the team can make the "option" to have it as a footer, I think you would gain a lot.

Thanks for stating once again that you intend to "purchase" CB.
Please note that CB is not for sale.
You do not purchase CB - you become an Advanced or better yet Professional member and get more add-ons and great support.

You also get the detailed CB documentation and you are given authorization to suppress this copyright notice from all your websites.

Finally, you will be helping to keep CB free in the future also.

Again even as a paid member I would leave it there, CB deserves it.

Interesting comment - to be considered when we get to CB 2.0.

I have another request. Not sure how hard or if this is something possible.

There are some plugins out there for country and state fields, with the flag logos.
Bruce, from joomlander.scherzinger.org has been very helpful with me about his plugin.
I wanted to created plugins for different logo packs for others, but thought of something else.

I had an idea and thought I would throw it your way (the CB team).

If it does not make sense or not possible, please tell me, I'm learning and trying to soak in as much as I can.

When creating a new field, selecting drop down, radio button, etc. The values need to be added, if you could upload an icon for each value, that would great.

The user list, allows you to have up to 4 columns, it would be great if we could add more, maybe up to 8. Just a thought.

These are thoughts and ideas I had for the CB team. Please let me know what is possible, if it already has been mentioned, or anything lol.

Thanks

Duke™

The CB API documentation is also free and can be downloaded from the free download area.
If you are PHP code savvy you can study it and other CB code and create your own plugins which you can release also to the community (free or paid as you wish - with or without frontend copyright notices as you wish).

Advanced and Professional members also get more CB field plugins that one can study to make more.

At this point I would like to kindly ask you not to post yet another thread discussing the same issue again.

It just wastes time for you and me.

Thank you

11 years 5 months ago #214397 by theduke77

Yes, I read that thread and gave a detailed reply not wishing to enter a debate but wishing to respond.

This is the thread:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/145-community-...6&start=6#213648

wondering why you are starting a new one ...

On the thread someone posted about why posting on 5 a year old thread?, so thats why I made a new one. But I also had a different question.

I believe my comments on the previous thread have addressed your suggestion - I will not repeat them again here.

Regarding removing this frontend (advertisement to you) copyright notice (to us) please note that this is against GPL license that protects all copyright notices.

So typically you are legally breaching the license agreement and terms you accepted when you downloaded and joined this site.

If you would of said, the CB team can look into making a footer. Instead, You said "I hear people complain just as much about footers", basically saying to me, deal with or pay for advanced to remove it. I took it as a insult, but never fired back, I clicked on thank you, and was determined to find a way to change it or remove it. And I did. Breaching a licence, understandable, this is a test site. It is not live. I'm learning. So what Have I done, that is illegal? No one is visiting my site. All I did was remove the advertisement, without permission? After this I'm still willing to purchase the advanced membership, and still willing to leave a footer (if it gets implemented).

The CB API documentation is also free and can be downloaded from the free download area.
If you are PHP code savvy you can study it and other CB code and create your own plugins which you can release also to the community (free or paid as you wish - with or without frontend copyright notices as you wish).

Advanced and Professional members also get more CB field plugins that one can study to make more.

Good to know, I'll take advantage of it when I get the chance to purchase advanced member. But I'm far from being code savvy. I was very fortunate to have Bruce work with me on his plugin. I did learn ALOT. Thanks to him I got a better understanding of CB also.

At this point I would like to kindly ask you not to post yet another thread discussing the same issue again.

It just wastes time for you and me.

I'm sorry if you feel like your time is wasted, but I'm trying to help the team, to understand the value of the footer advertisement. Also, If I created something and a free member says he removed the advertisement, I would be concerned and would look into it.

Again if you feel like I'm wasting the your time and the teams time, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to help. Having both types of advertisement can't hurt.

Duke™

11 years 5 months ago #214400 by nant

On the thread someone posted about why posting on 5 a year old thread?, so thats why I made a new one. But I also had a different question.

Yup, I did post that - when you complained that you did not get a quick reply to your thread and you declared that you would uninstall because of this ...

If you would of said, the CB team can look into making a footer. Instead, ...

I also said:

Perhaps in the future (CB 2.0) we will revise this.

As I said, we will be rethinking this and much more in the near future.

Thanks for your comments and understanding.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn